WORLD OF TANKS: Beta

Massively Mongy Online gaming. Bum your way through the internet public.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Re: WORLD OF TANKS: Beta

Post by HereComesPete »

Gold ammo is a bit pay2win as the higher pen and dam let you punch above your weight in fights you should bounce shot after shot then explode in. But as you get to the larger tanks and the load speed drops the cost per battle drops. With TD and their fast firing guns I wouldn't want to drop money on the gold ammo. And I definitely wouldn't spend a fifty note on a lowe, I'd rather use that money to grind low tier gold tank xp and transfer it allowing me to boost my xp rate and climb the tiers.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

For some reason I thought you got to control a load of tanks, but it seems you just get the one and it's a team deathmatch affair. The "tutorial" just threw me into battle, some red specks appeared on the distant horizon and then my tank exploded. I did not learn very much from this tutorial.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

That pretty much covers it, it's one of those games where some people shouting over teamspeak helps (mostly).
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

In that case I feel a 5punky tutorial coming on.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Yes please on the tutorial front. Ive signed up this morning, but not played yet. I suspect that if I play with nfc what im doing I will give up in frustration rather quickly.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I'll hopefully get something done tonight. I've only managed to post from the ipad so far today.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

If anyone wants, give us a poke when you've got the time and I'm good to jump on and help talk through all the what the fuck.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

My god, writing that took ages.
Killavodka
Cheese Lord
Cheese Lord

Post by Killavodka »

Update 8.1 Release

Commanders,

The commotion following the introduction of Version 8.0 hasn’t ended yet and we are already releasing the 8.1 update.

The 8.1 update is scheduled to be launched on the 31st of October and the downtime necessary to implement the changes to the server is scheduled to last from 07:00 until 13:00 CET (6:00 until 12:00 GMT). The download links for manual download of the update will be announced tomorrow.

This update will bring several new elements to the game as well as continuing the changes brought to World of Tanks with the 8.0 update.

The biggest new addition brought by the 8.1 update will be the long anticipated British tank tree. There will be a total of 22 new vehicles in this tech tree, including light, medium and heavy tanks of tiers I through to X.

Several of the currently existing maps have had a facelift to work with the new rendering system. They include the Dragons Ridge map, which has also been improved from a tactic point of view after being temporarily removed for some time. Now you will be able to once again roll over the rice fields, but now with far better graphics and lighting.
:shock: :w00t: :excited: :faint: etc.