Click on the image to view the flash animation made by Rob on b3ta.co.uk

Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

berk = trapdoor
kitteny = donated by gracielou after i went fluffy
dr. = well, i'm sure you can guess

and the stapleballs name, that'd be rob's fault, clicky.
Stoat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stoat »

Kamikaze... not sure. Possibly influenced by a housemate who was in to asian culture. Also, I used to play Worms a lot.

Stoat... An animal, almost a requirement when I joined B3ta. I notice that it's also an anagram of Toast, which is the greatest substance known to man. This may or may not be a coincidence.
comrade yannnovski
Mushroom
Mushroom

Post by comrade yannnovski »

My real name is Iain, friends called my Yann which then became Yannn on b3ta for some reason, perhaps I made a typo when registering.

Then during the russian pic of the week compo everyone was changing their name to russian type things, I went with comrade yannnovski and kept it cos I liked it.

Most people still refer to me as Yann tho....
Nickface
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by Nickface »

THE DRAMATIC ORIGINS OF NICKFACE
dum dum dummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

So back in my high school days, I hung aroud with nearly everyone from every group, or at the very least got along with them. My mainstay group was the people that sat back and made smart assed comments the entire time. One of these fellows had, for lack of better words, eccentric way of going about stuff. During one of his phases, he would add various suffixes at the end of peoples names. It just so happened that one of his favorites was "face." So during his face phase, a multitude of stuff was named, a fellow with the last name bacon became "Bacon-face" and another friends truck became "truck-face" and I of course was randomly refered to as "Nickface." At first I'm just like "WTF?" But soon everyone started calling me Nickface, or just Face for short. It was one of those situations where a nickname gets applied to you and it just sorta sticks.

At the end of my high school days, I crafted a movie about me fighting an evil twin of mine. The movie was called "Battle of the Nickfaces" and clearly the evil twin was referred to as "Evil Nickface." If for some unknown reason if Nickface is taken somewhere i need to fill in a nickname, I will typically say "EvilNickface" in a homage to that movie. A few years back, I made a <a href="http://www.nickface.org/movies/mov/nf2trailer.mov">trailer</a> for a sequel to the movie, but time restrictions and so forth have kept us from getting it done. Hopefully if everything works out this summer we can get SOMETHING to present. You guys will clearly see it if we do get it done. ;)

So in short, my name isn't from any sort of <a href="http://www.nickface.org/random/b3ta/nickscars.jpg">disfigurement</a>, it was just sort of randomly applied to me and I went with it.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

bit of a random story, but here goes:

I drink a lot of milk. I started getting referred to by certain "friends" as "the milk man", or, more commonly, milky. Then, during a strange conversation (that may or may not have involved alcomahol), i put forward the theory that if orange juice was squeezed out of oranges, and apple juice was squeezed out of apples, then surely milk, being squeezed out of cows, should be Cow Juice. I suspect this is not an original idea, but that was the first time i thought of it.

I think we may have been drinking fruit based alcohol. Possibly.

Anyway, when it came to registering for a yahoo mail account (back in the days of yore, when it was not so shit), i discovered that some other bugger had already got the name "milk man" and "milky". So i attempted Cow Juice. That was taken, as was CowJuice and Cow_Juice.

Coincidentally, i was at the time listening to a band named RootJoose. So i tried Cow Joose, and lo! it was untaken.

I now tend to go with just Joose, but at times i feel all formal, and stick the Cow back on the front.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

comrade yannnovski wrote:Most people still refer to me as Yann tho....

Except your xFire thing though, as you've put 'username' as your username :P

PERMISSION TO BELM SAH!
comrade yannnovski
Mushroom
Mushroom

Post by comrade yannnovski »

fabyak wrote:
Except your xFire thing though, as you've put 'username' as your username :P

PERMISSION TO BELM SAH!

Permission granted private.

In my defence, I havent really used Xfire, since it screwed up the only game I was playing online (BFV) and then my internet got borked, and I have only recently got it back.

/defence rests
Nickface
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by Nickface »

Yay! BFV!
viper_2090
Unicorn
Unicorn

Post by viper_2090 »

mine's quite boring!

Back in the day of registering a yahoo e-mail addy, i was obsessed (and still am a bit) to Dodge Vipers! Obviously viper and it's 1337 variations were taken, so i stuck a futuristic sounding 2090 on the end, and the name was born!

/boring
Sledra
Polar Bear
Polar Bear

Post by Sledra »

Mine kind of pales in comparison with Nicks aw3s0m3 trailer.

Quite simply, was trying to think of a name for an old online RPG (Dransik, for those who care, it got bought up and turned into the craptacular Ashen Empires) and needed ideas other than Haphestus, who was another character of mine. Started typing random words, typed Sled, started addding random suffixes and when i added ra it worked.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Sled-ra! the ever-LIVING!
Sol
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Sol »

meh i dont really know where my name came from...
Vowles
Sir Didymus
Sir Didymus

Post by Vowles »

Well, Being a chav, I aint got enough sense to make up a name so I just used my last name.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Mine is taken from a song by the greatest band ever - The Fall (John Peel's favourite band if you didn't already know).

The character Roman Totale XVII actually appears in a couple of Fall songs, and is basically just a weird alter ego for lead singer Mark. E. Smith (if you were fortunate to catch him being interviewed on Newsnight after Peel's death, you would be forgiven for wondering how much weirder you could be).

First track I heard him mentioned in was 'The North Will Rise Again', in which RTXVII leads a fictional revolution in the North of England - tis a top track. Lyrics are here:

http://www.visi.com/fall/lyrics.html (you'll have to search if you can be bothered. Sometimes comes up under 'The N.W.R.A.')
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

well, It started when my prother got this music creation program called ACID Music 2.0. I made some crappy songs and decided to call myself "DJ DotCom" as I thought it was clever at the time (it's not). Later on I found there was a website for people who use ACID to make songs called http://www.acidplanet.com. I tried to join up but DJ DotCom was taken. The next best sounding name I could come up with was DJ Deject. There are forums there and I got to know the regulars there pretty well. Anyways, I realized that "DJs" on ACIDplanet are just a bunch of losers that I didn't want to associate with so I dropped the DJ from my name and made the d in Deject lowercase. And I've been using it ever since.

SHAMELESS PLUG
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

Grimmie |
Started off as humble "Grimreaper", a name I used to try and pull off as intimidating in online shooters. With little surprise, it didn't work too well. Then came MSN, a fantastic (pfft) program with which you could talk to people! I tried hard as I could to sign up with Grimreaper, to no avail. Had to shorten it down to "Grim". One of my good lady-friends on the MSN chatrooms always greeted me with a friendly "Grimmie!" upon my arrival, and it stuck!

Reaper |
My comrades in the local LAN hut (Now a chav*hut) used to mistake Grimmie for "Grimey".. This got very tedious very quickly.. So I went for the second part of my original name, "Reaper" and it worked well. Even though it is a bit common nowdays. Fortunately the IQ of people I play with (ie [5punk]) is a little higher.. And you guys can pronounce "Grimmie".. Congrats!
TezzRexx
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by TezzRexx »

Well my names Terry/Tezz. I like the band T.Rex

I decided I was going to change all known history and state that the T. in T.Rex stood for Tezz.
TezzRexx (I then added a Extra X, for shits and giggles aka I have no idea)
TezzRexx
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by TezzRexx »

Grimmie wrote:Grimmie |
Fortunately the IQ of people I play with (ie [5punk]) is a little higher.. And you guys can pronounce "Grimmie".. Congrats!

or, "You're all (well most, all of those who can avoid burberry) non-tards, here, have an award!!"
Sol
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Sol »

*claps with base of palms*
yay!