What's the story behind your username?

News and important info, general banter, and suggestions for 5punk

Moderator: Forum Moderators

FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Gunslinger42 wrote:ooks are filled with stuff you can steal. Ideas, words, anything really.

I'm just reading a book with a character called Damnable Richard in, which is a fine name I might have to use somewhere.

FatherJack is (obviously) the drunk swearing priest from the Father Ted comedy series a while back and became my nickname around six years ago after a couple of unrelated incidents.

One was when I had to test a mic in a PC and was prompted to say something into it. I shouted "Arse!" FastShow-style and the whole corridor heard.
The other was when at someone's birthday, rather pissed and even more taciturn than usual - the only comment I seemed able to horse out being "Drink!"

On both occasions someone said "You are FatherJack!" so I decided to start using it.

XFire name is a concenation of my name and an honourific, which I used to find humourous to use in single-player RPGs as right at the start of the game it was gratifying to be addressed as "Sir" even though still a lowly serf.

Kittychan was my Final Fantasy XI name, as a Taru it seemed appropriate to have a cute name, so Kittychan just means "Baby Cat". The character got far more attention and invites than my other characters. Used since in WoW and Eve with a number of variants: "Neko-, -sama, -sensei, -san", all female.
TheJockGit
Boba Fett
Boba Fett

Post by TheJockGit »

Way back in the mists of time, I used to play Delta horse online. This was in the days when Broadband was a pipedream and ISDN was the fastest you could get. So armed with my 56K modem and per minute callcharges we would play into the small hours (and run up humungous phone bills!).

In those days I called myself Shado, we all like to try and think of cool and interesting names and that was the best I could come up with at the time :cry: .

During one session, we were all on Roger Wilco, a pre cursor to Team Speak, and playing a Team Deathmatch. It was during this game that I spotted a sniper and took a shot at him. Unknown to me at the time was that someone else was sneaking up behind me, ready to slit my throat. My hastily snapped shot hit and killed the sniper, just as he was taking his shot, which smacked the guy behind me in the forehead.

YAY!! one shot 2 kills! Thought I

Over Roger Wilco i heard a plaintive cry.."You fekkin Jock Git!!" ... the name has been with me ever since.
Anhamgrimmar
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by Anhamgrimmar »

mines pretty boring narf. way back in the dim and distant past, when counter-strike was still a mod , there was a clan i wanted to join, cant even remember what it was called.

for some reason all the clan members that i knew had ham somewhere in the name, and while racking my brains, i realised that a terry prattchet book i had read had a character that would fit the bill. unfortunatly the character i was thinging of was actually anghammarad, but i'd made this one up, and stuck to it.

never even got round to joing that clan either....too much like hard work
Chickenz
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Chickenz »

Anhamgrimmar wrote:mines pretty boring narf. way back in the dim and distant past, when counter-strike was still a mod , there was a clan i wanted to join, cant even remember what it was called.

for some reason all the clan members that i knew had ham somewhere in the name, and while racking my brains, i realised that a terry prattchet book i had read had a character that would fit the bill. unfortunatly the character i was thinging of was actually anghammarad, but i'd made this one up, and stuck to it.

never even got round to joing that clan either....too much like hard work

ahh could that have been the E*e by any chance anham?
Anhamgrimmar
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by Anhamgrimmar »

Mr. Chicken wrote:
ahh could that have been the E*e by any chance anham?

thats them! i notice you've managed to recruit a couple of em as well
Guybrush
Unicorn
Unicorn

Post by Guybrush »

No prizes for guessing where mine comes from, lol!

:P
TheJockGit
Boba Fett
Boba Fett

Post by TheJockGit »

Guybrush wrote:No prizes for guessing where mine comes from, lol!

:P

I ain't got a clue Mr Threepwood :?
Guybrush
Unicorn
Unicorn

Post by Guybrush »

well in the beginning I played Unreal Tourney and got pwned... so Missile_Bait was born! Mainly cos I seemed to attracted rpg's, lol!

I joined a piratey clan in an AG mod so with my interest in the best series of adventure games (apart from that dangnabbit 3-D whore) the rest was obvious :P
Pnut
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Pnut »

Ah the mighty E*e my cs clan :)
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Pnutham wrote:Ah the mighty E*e my cs clan :)
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Awaken old thread from thy slumber!
MORDETH LESTOK
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by MORDETH LESTOK »

After years of tactics and stressfull raiding in Everquest...I shifted over to City of Heroes to beat the shit out of villains without a care or thought for that matter...but, people wouldn't stfu and was using it as a chatroom which drove me to chant...Less Talk, More Death! Made a new toon named Lestok Mordeth (hot chick of course).

I switched over to MORDETH LESTOK in EVE/5punk and I think I'm going to legally change my name to it...cuz I still want people to stfu as it interferes with my killing :ahoy:
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Hmmm... I was fairly sure I posted in here.
Anyway, username came from when I first signed up to b3ta, and I was thinking to myself "i gotta keep it a secret that I'm foreign, what's the most common English name possible?"
And there you have it, the rest is history.

Actually, it came from this.
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

Holy shit, that was quite the threat resurrect! You have skills, FJ.
Imperatore
Shark
Shark

Post by Imperatore »

Mines boring, back in the days when Adriano was a good footballer player he was nicknamed "The Emperor" which is Imperatore in Italian. That's it really.
cashy
Zombie
Zombie

Post by cashy »

My real name is Cashmore. 'Nuff said really.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

cashy wrote:My real name is Cashmore. 'Nuff said really.
CASHMORE YOU SHIT!
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Dr. kitteny berk wrote:
CASHMORE YOU SHIT!
:lol:
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

I was sure we had another one of these and I'd said why my name was what it was!

Back in the day I changed my name all the time looking for the coolest sounding thing.

In Fallout I was bastard, just because they said your name and it was funny.

In diablo I ran a baba called jericho kane to a very high level (the rock stole my name for a film).

By the time I stepped away from the pc to the consoles I was generally known as meathook because of my predilection for violent close quarter fighting (mostly because I sucked at sniping at the time). This became goodly meathook after I mis-spelled godly meathook after I thrashed a load of 'l33t' types whilst I was hammered and they decided to stop taking the piss and name me that.

As for the one I (mostly) use now, just a variety of people saying things like for 'fucks sake, here comes pete!' or 'oh shit! here comes pete!' etc from playing a lot of halo simply as 'pete' and getting rather good at it. So I signed up to xbox live as HereComesPete!

Plus it fits the fact that I basically talk verbal wank all the time regardless of who I'm talking to or where I am.

In mongs/rpgs I usually run tanks/glass cannon types with a char called khuulgor headsplitter after an angry dwarf with a big axe in a D&D campaign I ran back in the day.
Wiggy
5pork
5pork

Post by Wiggy »

Mine's easy.

Last name = Wigfield. Hence, Wiggy.

Also, Wigmeister comes from when I called a mate up one day to see if said mate was coming out to ride bikes or whatever, his mum answered. She shouted up to my mate, "Oi, Wigmeister's on the phone!". And it stuck.