What are you playing right now?

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

friznit
Heavy
Heavy

What are you playing right now?

Post by friznit »

Starpoint Gemini 2 - third person (ship) grindy open world (space) rpg shooter. Bit shallow and wIll probably lose interest when I get the biggest ship but it passes the time.

Turtle Rome 2 Totes War - Several 2 player coop campaigns on the go. After 2 years of patching and the Radious mod, it's finally a very good game. Epic coop battles are epic and work very well.

Star Wars The Old Republic - house mate was trying to convince me to resub to WoW. I refused. Negotiations ensued. SWTOR was the compromise. It's WoW with light sabres. Probably won't last.

7 Days to Die - keep getting drawn back to this. Wonderful mix of open world compulsive collecting and minecraft building but with zombies that are actually threatening.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by Dog Pants »

Bioshock Infinite: I've been working through this for ages. The story's interesting enough, and the scenery is brilliant, but as with previous Bioshocks I find there's too much wandering about and the combat is gimmicky and tedious. Worth my time overall, but I'm easily distracted from it by other games.

Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons: I bought this in a Steam sale because it came highly recommended (by RPS I think), a pretty puzzle game where you control two characters at the same time. I spend 90% of my time at the computer with a baby on my lap, so I didn't bother with it for a long time because I didn't think I'd be able to play it one-handed. As it happens it's a lot easier to use a joypad two-handed with a baby than a mouse and keyboard, and when Sprog noticed me playing it we started playing it together, both of us using half of the pad each. It isn't a difficult game but it's well made and spins a good tale, and the controls work surprisingly well.

Hexcells Infinite: I've chomped my way through all three Hexcells games. They're great. The last one lets you seed random puzzles, which aren't as eloquent or clever as the designed ones but are challenging enough. The option to generate a level based on the date has kept it going because Joose and I try to beat each others' times every day.

Wasteland 2: As awful a person as I may be for doing this, I waited to play this until there were some munchkin guides around for the characters. I'm not playing it for challenging combat, I just want to experience the world and story, and smite mutants. I'm not far into it at the moment, not even as far as I got in the beta (and that wasn't far), but I'm seeing a much improved game and it scratches that old Fallout itch.

Of course I'm playing the usual weekend multiplayer fayre too, the ridiculous Chivalry and the sublime Dota 2.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

WoW: Because new expansion, not massively into it yet, but feeling the world a lot more than pandaland, might do some raiding.

Payday 2: This game is like crack, you can try it a few times and not think much of it, but then it gets its claws into you and violates your whole life, also it's the only shooter wifey's brain seems to be able to handle (though, I'm trying to get more to work), so it's a nice change. I must say though, it's probably awful if you try to join established groups, because everyone has their own way of doing things.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Space Hulk: Ascension - SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK with added RPG elements. Difficulty appears to be all over the fucking place though.

Payday 2 (with Berk, Mrs Berk, Fab and occasionally Anham).

DCS - Still flying around with some planes and helos, recently started the Huey campaign playing as UN pilot.

TF2 - Started getting into this again after playing it over halloween.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Batman: Arkham City - Definitely a contender for my favourite game ever, in no small part due to the excellent biffing system. The challenge maps have managed to keep my interest long after the main game was completed.

Hexcells Infinite - What Pants said.

Dragon Age Inquisition - A got a fair way in to DA 1 then got bored of trudging through the deep roads. I never tried DA 2. Lots of journos whos opinions I respect were gushing all over this one though, and I fancied me a bit of fantasy RPG. I am not disappointed, although it runs like a three legged dog on my machine for some reason.
TezzRexx
Dr Zoidberg
Dr Zoidberg

Post by TezzRexx »

Just finished Alien: Isolation, which was pretty fantastic if you like that sort of thing. Still have the Crew Expendable scenario to complete but that picks up half way through the film and doesn't look particularly exciting.

Now playing through GTA 5 on PS4. Wasn't going to pick it up, but I the chance to get it for around £23 quid, so I took it and I'm not disappointed. The FPS mode adds a new dimension to the game and online certainly benefits from it, especially when the level itself is set to the specific camera mode. Extra missions, more songs, improved draw distance and textures make this a very pretty and varied game, but not a must have if you've already played it on a last-gen console unless you can it get cheapz. If you've not played it at all, it's a no-brainer.