help Bits get some bits

If you touch your software enough does it become hardware?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

help Bits get some bits

Post by shot2bits »

Im gonna get maself one of dem newfangled com-putar thangs to play me some veedja games!

So my rickety old machine has gotten older and rickitier and so i am looking to completely replace it, i could probably hold out a few months to see what happens with new parts but i have the money now and i wont then, as ill gradually spend it on crap and i wont be earning the excess monies soon.

Any help with what are the best parts for monies and things actually playing nice with each other would be appreciated, at the moment I've been looking at I7's but I've not a clue specifically which ones are worth looking at and what mobo and memory i should be going for. I was also looking at the Radeon R9 290 for a GPU but i hear Nvidia have just put out some new cards that are well worth looking at among the whole host of other cards that are available that might offer more bang for buck.

I'm starting this one from scratch and just keeping my current machine for if i have any problems or if i ever need a rendering machine or some such so any recommendations for a psu and case and anything i might forget would also be nice

my budgets somewhat flexible about the 1200 mark including a copy of w7 as i really need a proper copy of that :lol:
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Re: help Bits get some bits

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

I don't have much to add, but I would say, allow a good chunk of cash for your PSU, Looks like £200 will do it nicely these days, It's a lot, but once you have one it'll probably outlast the rest of your PC aside from the case.

This place does good reviews.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... 970-review

I was looking at a possible upgrade to get ready for rsi, I think the new nvidia gtx 970 is looking pretty unbeatable for the cost.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

That looks nifty, rather like the 8800GT 512 cards were way back