5punky RPG

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Yes! I would like to help and I can do

Writings
18%
Ideas
14%
Drawing
9%
Werd
14%
Horses
14%
14%
5%
profit
14%

Total votes: 22

fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

5punky RPG

Post by fabyak »

Werd up fair bummers!
Having seen that the RPG maker jobber was cheap (£12) on Steam this week and free for a few days too it got me thinking. I've made a couple of games in the dim and distant past (mainly using Shoot-em-up construction kit) and as we have a decent amount of creative people on here I wondered about crowd sourcing a new in terms of writing and ideas and things and making a gaymes*.

What say you?

* Game development will likely run on Valvetime
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Re: 5punky JRPG

Post by fabyak »

Looks like the free weekend was an old update, not for this week. Might buy it anyway
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Oh, and on the off chance that it got finished and published the proceeds would go towards horses, drugs, and hookers (and any combination you odd folk would go for)
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

A game for everyone for us to distribute, or a game for Local People?
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Ermmmmm to dish out I guess!
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

I can attempt Drawing and 7.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

I think I might be able to help with making custom tiles and such, but I've never done anything of the sort. How hard can it be though?
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Hilarity of the expectation of finishing a 5punky project aside, I can write volumes of stuff if required. I've been bearding for so long I expect I could do ideas too. I can potatoshop if you were going for a Hatoful Boyfriend type thing, but there are enough good artists on 5punk to do it in lovely drawings.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

5punktiem, the only thing that Valvetime can outrun :)
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Had a quick bash at it by not looking at the instructions and managed to make a man walk along a path, enter a castle and pop up a message telling that i'd done so :) It looks pleasingly straightforward
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Re: 5punky RPG

Post by fabyak »

What kind of story to go for? Suggestions pls! Do we want a romance, bromance, fantasy, kill epic monster, get special item kind of thing? Maybe take a leaf out of George R R Martin's book and kill off the main protagonist at some point?
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

If i can get the software for it (if anyone can help with that it would be appreciated as i keep meaning to get some bits anyway) i can do a bit of sound and graphics work, although probably not as well as others, and generally chipping in for ideas/story stuff.

Any idea what sort of game you are going for? sounds like you fancy something somewhat story focused but did you have anything in mind for actual mechanics? obviously jrpg style games are the easiest to do withing rpg maker but other stuff is possible.

Anything could work but having a rough idea of what sort of thing you want to do can help drive everything else. personally Ive thought a dungeon crawler/roguelikey game based off 5punky tropes could be quite amusing. you could have dog pantaloons as a piece of equipment and instead of a generic dungeon you could have Berkscience™ meatlabs filled with hulking meat monsters with hunks of metal hanging off them and other silly shit.

obviously making something other than a jrpg style game would take more work than if you did but a quick google shows me that it can be done and there are a few scripts available so it might not even need extra coding to make it work
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

I think that bit was covered under the ... option :P
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

I'm willing to help, but as there doesn't appear to be any coding involved (could be wrong), there's probably not much I can contribute as I'm not an artist.
Pnut
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Pnut »

I can make brews if that will help?
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

I could make meat monsters, just need a good storm to get em started. :)
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

fabyak wrote:What kind of story to go for? Suggestions pls! Do we want a romance, bromance, fantasy, kill epic monster, get special item kind of thing? Maybe take a leaf out of George R R Martin's book and kill off the main protagonist at some point?
How about extending that last idea further and having the protagonist die and change at regular points. Make it the theme of the game. Maybe the protagonist is really possessing the characters, or they're passing the mantle of whatever responsibility they have on, or it's simply an ongoing apocalyptic story which changes perspective when each character inevitably dies.

I like this idea, I might stretch to getting a copy.

EDIT: We could get a 4-pack for under a tenner each if a few of us fancy it.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

I like that, protagonist being Ophiocordyceps unilateralis, or similar, would make it all rather odd
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

I've got books of scenarios written up that are designed to be played in many different gaming systems, plus I generate more and more each day. I can certainly contribute to writings and ideas.
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

Dog Pants wrote:
fabyak wrote:EDIT: We could get a 4-pack for under a tenner each if a few of us fancy it.
id be up for this