Minecraft Server - Attack of the B-Team modpack

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: New Minecraft Server!

Post by spoodie »

fabyak wrote:Can have respawn on overworld pls?
Do you know how or if it's possible? I've given you Op privileges, maybe that will help. :)
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Damn, I was hoping you would know! Thanks for Op, I promise I won't abuse it much
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Huzzah! Not crashing any more, turns out it was my morph. Changed back into normal me and it was fine, changed back to bat again later and still fine. My house wasn't as badly hit as I feared either, a chunk of wall was gone and a couple of machines got busted but the expensive stuff was alright :)

Now to make another rocket :(
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

*sigh*

Something else I've learned: Even if it takes a bit longer, put your landing thrusters as soon as you get to the moon. Otherwise you speed up and don't have enough time to slow down

And crash

and explode

again :(

I must confess that I've sinned slightly and abused my powers to get back my stuff (as most of it was in my backpack, which survived, but was empty when I got it back), because otherwise fuck the moon!
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Huhuhuhuhuh, not laughing, huhuhuhuhu, really... :lol:

I took a wander over to your place, at least I assume it is your place, past the bluebell crater?
I found a dungeon that needs exploring if you fancying emptying it this weekend?
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

fabyak wrote:Something else I've learned: Even if it takes a bit longer, put your landing thrusters as soon as you get to the moon. Otherwise you speed up and don't have enough time to slow down
I guess you don't watch the Yogscast then?

I deOPed you, not that I mind you giving yourself your stuff back, just restoring previous state.

In fact if anyone would like to be an Op/admin, for the purposes of providing a little support, then let me know. So long as you don't go too power mad. I cheated in part of my house because I couldn't be arsed with the tedium of making a big cube made out of stone bricks. That's fine in my book and mostly all I've cheated in.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Thanks, I only got back the stuff I had, ended up with 64 of a lot of things but lobbed away what I didn't earn. The things I didn't earn I got Anery to make for and bring me :P

I'm happy to stay as Op if you want as I can be around during the day if anyone needs rescuing although I might make some spare oxygen kit to grab just in case for an old fashioned fix!
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

I've been having a play with some of the new bits and built a modest, understated home with a little barley garden.

So far I've been ordering my minions to tear up the landscape, found a bunch of tool parts in an abandoned village, got sucked out of my house by a tornado (I hadn't put a block over the door), blundered into a wood full of poison ivy and interrupted a coven of witches - the last three of which didn't end well, although after respawning I returned to the coven and it didn't end well for the witches.

I also fell in a blue pool that healed me and in a black one that didn't, as well as a pool of lava at the bottom of a hole I didn't see while chasing after a pig in a hat. The one that I haven't done is find any clay though - not one piece! - which is needed to make the smelter.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

FatherJack wrote:The one that I haven't done is find any clay though - not one piece! - which is needed to make the smelter.
It is difficult to find certain vanilla items due to the wide variety of biomes. The mod seems to limit the spawning of certain things to certain biomes. I recommend killing a bat as soon as you can and flying around a bit (use the square brackets and hit return to select morph form, in case you didn't know). Won't be easy to spot clay though. I have stacks of diamond blocks and about 2 clay pieces. :faint:
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

spoodie wrote:I recommend killing a bat as soon as you can and flying around a bit (use the square brackets and hit return to select morph form, in case you didn't know). Won't be easy to spot clay though. I have stacks of diamond blocks and about 2 clay pieces. :faint:
Same here - I'll just keep looking. Not seem any bats, but I do have ghast, bee and blaze form so will have a fly around.

Edit: found some in the end
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

I found lots of clay:

I was having trouble spotting it as it looks like marble, so made it a bit more noticeable, normally it would look like this (with coords):

The green square on the minimap is the direction to the spawn.

Getting bad login on the server, hopefully there will be some left tomorrow when I get back on.
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

I appear to spawn in the void, which is nice. Can somebody fix that?
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

I've requested the server increase up to 2GB RAM now, should happen in the next day or two. Hopefully this will help with crashes caused by the server spiking and taking too many resources. Thanks to those that contributed, certainly helps with adding more power to the server.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Grimmie wrote:I appear to spawn in the void, which is nice. Can somebody fix that?
That happened to me a few times, but I relogged and it was ok.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

More space hints:

Once you land, get your landing pad built, ship on it, and make sure it's fuelled up. This isn't the kind of thing you want to try and do while out of oxygen and/or power

Take dirt with you to grow crops and make oxygen. If you forget or can't carry enough Minions will make loads while they dig :)

Take power storage boxes with you and use Solar as much as possible

Putting power storage boxes in one long line isn't a great plan, I've got 2 oxygen collectors, 1 refuelling, 1 oxygen sealer, 1 oxygen compressor and one output cannot keep up. I'm currently experimenting with having 2 boxes on top of one another, then another pair 2 blocks over so they're all connected to input and output.

Oxygen storage box, does what it says on the tin. Handy. Doesn't need power to run so can give you a little extra time (although the sealer *does* need power)

Chickens don't seem to like space, even if they're nicely sealed in a room they seem to die if you go in and out too much.

Dragons need oxygen

When you go dungeoning take a bow and arrow and/or dubstep gun (make sure you can fly too) as well as glowstone torches

Other than setting your spawn point, sleeping in a bed does nothing on the moon to affect the sun

Someone sleeping on the overworld however *does* appear to affect the sun position on the moon

Regular torches inside your base give a useful visual indicator for when oxygen runs out or the room isn't sealed any more
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Sounds hilariously dangerous.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

MARS!

Nights seem to be shorter than on the moon and lighting actually works properly so you can happily dick about at night. Took most of my kit from the moon and managed to stay alive long enough without creative mode to get my initial base set up :)

Protips:

Get power and energy storage set up first
Earth and plants next
Oxygen collector and power/oxygen pipes to it
Oxygen compressor after that so you can top up oxygen tanks as you're likely to be running low by this stage.

After that sort out base building, airlocks, cabling etc and try and sort out a source of food

Things I've noticed:

Meteors are much easier to spot as they show up as grey dots on the minimap (they do on the moon too but as they're against a grey background it's a mite tougher)
Dungeons seem to be glitched. Been through a couple, killed the boss, got the tier 2 key only for it to tell me I need the tier 1 key for the final chest)
It's red
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

I don't know if it's the light level or what, but charging around on Mars has made me feel sick twice now
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Screenshots, man! We need them!
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Of Mars or me being sick?