Minecraft Server - Attack of the B-Team modpack

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Re: New Minecraft Server!

Post by fabyak »

Damn, i had one but i killed it hoping to get a dragon to morph into. I didn't :cry:
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

I've got an egg so they're probably not that rare. Looks for some dungeons, villages, etc.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

I have an egg too. I have no idea where I found it and I didn't know what to do with it so its been sat in my stores for ages.

If I hatch it but don't have any fish ready will it just fuck off without me?
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Not sure, I made sure mine were secure before I hatched them.
Mine fucked off anyway, even the one with the saddle on - which has pissed me off somewhat.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

I need an adult!

Well, an admin really. To put me in creative mode so I can get back to my spaceship pls!
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

it's getting like fucking Hogwarts around here now, I accidentally started to breed dragons. This sounds like it could be good but they are thick as pigshit, I have two outside stuck in the water and can't get out. Cows have better AI than these things. Also they follow you, I locked mine up and they still followed me. Twats.

Anyway, give me a shout if you want a dragon and I will breed some for you.
fabyak wrote:I need an adult!

Well, an admin really. To put me in creative mode so I can get back to my spaceship pls!
Your parachest is just outside your house with your rocket and pad in it.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Sweet! Cheers :)

I'm back in the land of oxygen now, feel free to re-survival me. Thanks!
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Things I've learnt from a trip to the moon that arn't mentioned in the getting started guide:

1) GLOWSTONE
Seriously, as much as you can. Torches don't work up there. Not tried the pumpkin lanterns but they might work, otherwise redstone lamps should do it.

2) If you go into a dungeon make sure you know your way out. You cannot dig out of them (unless you find a wall without bricks)

3) Look for metoerites. Orange blobs on the surface, strike down every now and then. Contain materials necessary for a space base

4) When assembling all of the components, look at what else needs it (in the getting started guide, just about the recipe normally) and build all the quantities you're going to need
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Considering how difficult it is up there shouldn't we try to collaborate? If you take off from my base (upstairs, straight on - you will see the fuel loader next to the space for the pad) shouldn't you land at the same spot?
That way we can make a secure base of operations before getting stuck in dungeons.
tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

fabyak wrote:Things I've learnt from a trip to the moon that arn't mentioned in the getting started guide:

1) GLOWSTONE
Seriously, as much as you can. Torches don't work up there. Not tried the pumpkin lanterns but they might work, otherwise redstone lamps should do it.

2) If you go into a dungeon make sure you know your way out. You cannot dig out of them (unless you find a wall without bricks)

3) Look for metoerites. Orange blobs on the surface, strike down every now and then. Contain materials necessary for a space base

4) When assembling all of the components, look at what else needs it (in the getting started guide, just about the recipe normally) and build all the quantities you're going to need
I didn't realise this pack was on the server, I've been playing it on a friend's for a week or so. Are we all still whitelisted? I've done a lot of stuff with Tinker's Construct and such, lots of super fun tools and things you can do to secure your base like punji sticks and barricades.

Also the minions mod (press Z) is great fun and four minions are a good replacement for a quarry. And build a luggage (of Discworld fame) too, they're great to have around.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

le sigh, can somebody take me off the moon please? or turn me creative so that I won't die a horrible death every minute.

EDIT
No need now, Fab saved my bacon by delivering a spare oxygen set to me so I could make it back to my landing site. Thankfuck for gravestones! Once I have secured my landing site I will be building a safe spawn point so that nobody else gets caught out like I did (you die on the moon you respawn on the moon - without oxygen gear)

Fab, I left you what meteorite I was able to find - chest next to furnace on your roof.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Ta!

We also discovered that different launchpads have different landing sites
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

tandino wrote:I didn't realise this pack was on the server, I've been playing it on a friend's for a week or so. Are we all still whitelisted? I've done a lot of stuff with Tinker's Construct and such, lots of super fun tools and things you can do to secure your base like punji sticks and barricades.

Also the minions mod (press Z) is great fun and four minions are a good replacement for a quarry. And build a luggage (of Discworld fame) too, they're great to have around.
The usual whitelist is on the server, you included.

I'll have to make another minion and try pressing Z, ta!
tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

spoodie wrote:
tandino wrote:I didn't realise this pack was on the server, I've been playing it on a friend's for a week or so. Are we all still whitelisted? I've done a lot of stuff with Tinker's Construct and such, lots of super fun tools and things you can do to secure your base like punji sticks and barricades.

The usual whitelist is on the server, you included.

I'll have to make another minion and try pressing Z, ta!
No need to make one. Minions mod lets you summon up to 4 minions to do your bidding. You just have to press z enough times. You should get a "commit to evil" menu. You'll know when you've done it enough times as you'll get a special staff in your inventory...
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Looks like you can make glowstone torches. Same way as you make redstone ones but use glowstone dust instead. Says it has the same light output as a block of the stuff
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

tandino wrote:No need to make one. Minions mod lets you summon up to 4 minions to do your bidding. You just have to press z enough times. You should get a "commit to evil" menu. You'll know when you've done it enough times as you'll get a special staff in your inventory...
Yeah thanks, I figured this out. Theyre impressive little critters. Just a shame that the minions you can build from parts are pretty pointless.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Other things I've learnt: Crashing spaceships cause a *lot* of damage

Can have creative and/or ops please, I need to get back home to make another one (and also find out how bad the damage at my base is!)
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

:lol: Getting insta-crashes now. Can't stay logged in long enough to die!

Can have respawn on overworld pls?
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

You know what, I might leave the space flight to you guys.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

:lol: But it's fun! Soon I'll be able to get stuck on Mars too!