Minecraft Server - Attack of the B-Team modpack

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Re: New Minecraft Server!

Post by shot2bits »

got a smeltery done, need to have a look at this airship malarky now, think i might look at galacticraft soon. what have people been doing? there's a fuckton of stuff in this mod its hard to pick a direction to go in.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

I built a smeltery and an airship and now im looking long and hard at galacticraft :D
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

shot2bits wrote:there's a fuckton of stuff in this mod its hard to pick a direction to go in.
:above:

I dabbled with Necromancy and created an ugly minion, but other than that it's disappointing. It just follows or stays as far as I can tell. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Next I'm planning to look at Minefactory to automate a small farm. And also some form of power for it.

Please don't leave your machines running while you're not playing. The chunks will probably unload anyway, but the server is not heavy on resources.

Also the server has flying allowed, so as non-ops you can use the Morph mod to fly if you like. However I can disable that if you feel it's OP. Personally I love it.
Joose wrote:I built a smeltery and an airship and now im looking long and hard at galacticraft :D
From watching the Yogscast it seems you need a lot of resource to get into space, but considering the abundance this isn't likely to be a problem.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Joose wrote:I built a smeltery and an airship and now im looking long and hard at galacticraft :D
Bits came round earlier and fixed my smeltery for me, for which I am very grateful, I can't follow instructions but somehow I can put up Ikea furniture...this is probably related.
Not done the airship thing yet, but I AM doing the galacticraft thing.
spoodie wrote:From watching the Yogscast it seems you need a lot of resource to get into space, but considering the abundance this isn't likely to be a problem.
COAL, fucking COAL! also OIL!
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Anery wrote:
spoodie wrote:From watching the Yogscast it seems you need a lot of resource to get into space, but considering the abundance this isn't likely to be a problem.
COAL, fucking COAL! also OIL!
There's a hammer in Tinkers which makes mining a lot easiler, 3x3 diggy diggy hole. More coal. Even so I probably have much more iron than coal now. I've seen oil deep underground.

I could do something about the coal shortage though ...
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

how much coal are we talking? i've seen a fair amount while just mining about although some of that might of been silicon

also cant you make charcoal from burning wood or something?

I should probably look to see if i can find out what power sources are available in these mods and which work together too, anyone got any info on that?
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

We may need to do something about the amount of smelterys in the world, I think they are taking up all the resources :(

Charcoal won't work in the compressor bits, needs coal and most of the black stuff I've found has been silicon, still, not struggling massively - a good 20 minute dig sorts me out with enough for a while.

EDIT
I think we killed the server. I'll dismantle my smeltery as soon as I can.
Last edited by Anery on May 14th, 2014, 13:56, edited 1 time in total.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

I think we just knocked the server over :oops:

Well, Anery and I were on and it gradually stumbled to a fall, don't think it was anything special we did (although I did go to the nether as it went so I may have tipped it over)
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

yeah i noticed things where a tad laggy when using the smeltery, might be worth us having 1 communal smeltery or something?
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

I can see some performance problems with the server a while ago, it could just as much be Fab going flying around the Nether as much as smelteries. It's settled down now. I say carry on and see how it goes. The server is reset every day now, which will help.

Fab has many more seared tanks on his smeltery than needed, I think you only need one. As they're animated blocks it might not be helping.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

I was flying around a bit, I'll try and tone it down!

I'll also drop it down to one tank, sorry!
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

fabyak wrote:I was flying around a bit, I'll try and tone it down!

I'll also drop it down to one tank, sorry!
Fly around as much as you like, I do. I'm just saying that could be the cause and not the smelteries. It's just that I could see you mention it in chat just before the "Can't keep up!" warning starts showing. The only people that suffer from lag they may be creating are those playing. Fill ya boots.

The suggestion for the tanks is probably a long shot anyway.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Guides and that people have found:

Protip: Read the books you get at the start, they'll give you a good idea of what's available

Good Galacticraft Guide:

http://wiki.micdoodle8.com/wiki/Tutoria ... rted_Guide

Feel free to add more!
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Witchcraft!

https://sites.google.com/site/witcherym ... ng-started

Not tried this one yet but it looks to be a decent enough guide
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

The server crashed while I was playing earlier and won't restart. I'll take a look this afternoon.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Damn, does this mean I'm going to have to do work instead?
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

fabyak wrote:Damn, does this mean I'm going to have to do work instead?
Don't worry, it's back. Although I did have to restore the backup from around 5-6AM, so you'll have to use work time to redo anything.

It was my oven, which I moved earlier and loaded up with some meats, that was causing a serious error and crash on start-up.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

spoodie wrote:
fabyak wrote:It was my oven, which I moved earlier and loaded up with some meats, that was causing a serious error and crash on start-up.
Are you saying meat is bad?...

Because that is just...

...no...

Cheers for fixing Spoodie! Where is your clanpay link? It is MPUK you go through right?
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Anery wrote:Cheers for fixing Spoodie! Where is your clanpay link? It is MPUK you go through right?
Here's a link if you'd like to contribute - https://secure.multiplay.co.uk/clanpay/ ... 09Yjc4YzQ=
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

I have two ender dragons in my base, please don't kill them!
If you have dragon egg, all you need to do is place it on the ground and right click it. Then, when they are fully grown feed them fish - pet!