Minecraft Server - Attack of the B-Team modpack

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Minecraft Server - Attack of the B-Team modpack

Post by spoodie »

After discovering I could easily switch between mod-packs I've been trying out Attack of the B-Team from the Technic launcher on the server. Give it a try if you're interested. Seems like a good mix things.

Some things to note:
  • - A mixture of science, magic and madness. More plants and biomes.
    - You can go to the Moon (and Mars).
    - Ores are near the surface.
    - Hats! Kill a mob wearing a hat and get that hat. Press [H] for hat menu. Hats.
    - The first time you kill something you will morph into it. Hold the top left key and use the mouse to select human again, if you want. '[' & ']' for access to previously killed mob forms.
    - Gravestones are dropped when you die. Find and break the ground beneath to retrieve your items.
    - Your death location is marked on your map.
    - No nuclear power I'm afraid, raw science options are more limited than Tekkit.
    - Probably worth learning the basics of Tinkers Construct.
I tested out some other mod-packs; Hexxit and FTB Direwolf didn't work. Tekkit worked fine.

The previous, vanilla map is uploading. I'm pretty sure I can switch the server back any time.

Attack of the B-Team server: 85.236.100.199:29065
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Re: New Minecraft Server!

Post by buzzmong »

Does anyone use any mod managers for MC?

Having to install and uninstall them when flicking between servers becomes a chore.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

You can have various launchers installed, they don't conflict as far as I know, they use different directories for the local data. No need to uninstall.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Is anyone having trouble connecting or staying connected?
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Nope, all is good. I only jumped on quickly to shout bummer at you before dinner
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Dr. kitteny berk wrote:http://www.attackofthebteamwiki.com/wik ... ng_Started

Moderately useful.
That is useful.

I think I may have killed the server with qCraft. I'll try to sort it out.

Top tip from reading the logs / in-game chat, client side problems happen. A restart of Minecraft solved the connection problem.
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

so do we have one of these running on the server now then?
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

shot2bits wrote:so do we have one of these running on the server now then?
I guess you know we have Attack of the B-Team running and I see no reason to change it. It's seems to be a good mix of fun and strange mods, also hasn't broken yet. How are others finding it?

I did say I'd make a voting thread, but then I discovered this mod-pack, liked it and decided it's easier being a dictactor.

Here's the old map - https://www.dropbox.com/s/abuo7sm1d21xi ... -12.tar.gz
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

spoodie wrote:How are others finding it?
Pleasingly new and interesting. Ive only been on briefly, but I spent most of the time I was on running around like a hypercaffinated toddler like this guy:

spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

There doesnt appear to be any vanilla sugar cane, making paper impossible until you make a pulveriser. Which is silly, so I've planted some near my base for anyone that needs it. There's also a pulveriser inside, the engine takes water and coal/wood.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

I also don't seem to be finding any spiders anywhere, which is fucking irritating when you need string. Am I just being really unlucky?
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

I know I've heard the annoying "SKREEEEECH" of spiders on my roof, but there's not been many. Get yourself some cotton for string. Bonemeal up some grass and then scythe it for random seeds, there's lots of variety.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

spoodie wrote:I know I've heard the annoying "SKREEEEECH" of spiders on my roof, but there's not been many. Get yourself some cotton for string. Bonemeal up some grass and then scythe it for random seeds, there's lots of variety.
:above:

I have lots of cotton on my farm if you need any. Harvest the pink ones for seeds. I'm struggling to find lava and all that basalt makes it damn difficult to see whats going on.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Thanks! I now have cotton, and therefore string, and therefore an airship. Its a bit shitty and small at the moment, but still...AIRSHIP.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Joose wrote:Thanks! I now have cotton, and therefore string, and therefore an airship. Its a bit shitty and small at the moment, but still...AIRSHIP.
An airship needs to go on my to do list / clipboard.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Me too, I have a load of random things in my chest but need to work though a proper tutorial now
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Currently trying to get to grips with the smeltery, not having much luck so far.

Also building a landing pad for my airship (when I eventually get around to it)
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Anery wrote:Currently trying to get to grips with the smeltery, not having much luck so far.
I've got a completed and working smeltery if you want to take a look? The glass blocks are optional and its larger than I need at the moment. Not exactly an intuative machine though, you can end up with unwanted alloys if you're not careful.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

spoodie wrote:I've got a completed and working smeltery if you want to take a look? The glass blocks are optional and its larger than I need at the moment. Not exactly an intuative machine though, you can end up with unwanted alloys if you're not careful.
I might just, I can't get mine to pour.

In other news, I was discussing a Helicarrier with Joose yesterday and there was a problem with things landing on the carrier and then becoming part of it. One of the mods creates planes and from what I can see they are inventory items so shouldn't compile into the carrier!