Lets Play!

News and important info, general banter, and suggestions for 5punk

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Re: Lets Play!

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Thanks FJ, I'll be sure to use that trivia in my next chapter! I recorded part 2 yesterday, it should have better sound and picture.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Great stuff Mr J! Really enjoyed that :) In terms of feedback I found it quite tricky to follow at the very start when it had the newscaster in the background. My brain was trying to decide which one of you it was listening to and failed to hear either but it was only that one time and the rest of the vid was excellent
Wiggy
5pork
5pork

Post by Wiggy »

I might try one of these at some point in the future - it might be Theme Hospital or something like that though :P
tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

Part 8 - Minesweeper!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAJIjozV5G0[/media]

We pay off a fellow STALKER's debts as he's to much of a girl* to do it himself, do some important experiments around the best way to negotiate a minefield, find a black box and gaze in awe at a fleet of helicopter-obsessed mutants (then shoot them).

*no offence ladies *dips shoulder, doffs cap*
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

fabyak wrote:Great stuff Mr J! Really enjoyed that :) In terms of feedback I found it quite tricky to follow at the very start when it had the newscaster in the background. My brain was trying to decide which one of you it was listening to and failed to hear either but it was only that one time and the rest of the vid was excellent
I adjusted the sound later on because it was too loud, that was the dodgy editing you saw. I try to keep quiet during cutscenes from now on.

Also, windows movie maker seems to be running fine now and it's extremely easy to use and also free so if you want to do your let's play but have absolutely no experience editing like me than it's an option. Just keep in mind that it's very, very basic.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Good stuff Tandino! It was interesting watching you figure out the bolts thing, didn't occur to me when I did that part. What I ended up doing was
Spoiler:
following the blast marks on the map, there is a path that takes you past the body you checked out on the way back
. :ahoy:
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Cheers Mr J! I am in the same boat as you so I'll bear it in mind if I ever get my arse in gear and do one too
tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

fabyak wrote:Good stuff Tandino! It was interesting watching you figure out the bolts thing, didn't occur to me when I did that part. What I ended up doing was
Spoiler:
following the blast marks on the map, there is a path that takes you past the body you checked out on the way back
. :ahoy:
Aww shit, really?! The way I did it was such a fucking me way of doing things - such a convoluted approach. Nice to hear it can be done multiple ways though. I'll admit I don't think it's the most interesting episode I've done, but if it's watchable I'm happy.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I watched part 2 of Tandino's Lets Finish last night while washing up and really enjoyed it. You seem to have hit that pace where the chatter just flows, and ties in with the game. Even when repeating the bloodsucker fight it was still entertaining because you managed to narrate it without repeating yourself. I'm very impressed, and assume you've only got better by now. I'm also downloading the complete mod now.
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

More adventuring from Ms Cloudghost!

This time we come terrifyingly close to death..

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxrvnXV_YAk[/media]

Then we meet.. Well, this guy.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBtR6vQh5T4[/media]
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

I've also got part 2 of my driver San Francisco uploaded, but for some reason I can't make it HD, might be because of the actual recording but I've been fiddling with it for way too long and I'm sick of it. You'll also notice some stuttering which snuck in during converting and I don't want to go through the whole process for the third fucking time so I'm going to leave it and just do a better video next time.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jAO854W_XA[/media]
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

YouTube processes a low quality version first, and works its way up through 480, 720, then 1080 quality. You'll just need to leave it a while and the other quality options will appear :)
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Ahh, there we go.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Mr. Johnson wrote:I've also got part 2 of my driver San Francisco uploaded
Very nice, the vid was very watchable - I love watching other people play those sort of games as much as playing them and the time flew by, nice to end where you did as well. You certainly picked the right cars for your driving style with those big Ford V8s, ass-out round the corners and smash everything out of the way. Good choices for a copper, too - The late-90s Crown Victorias were popular police cars and the 1974 Torino was the Starsky and Hutch car.

What you were saying seeming to precede what was happening on screen by quite a bit, though - you were reading stuff out we hadn't seen yet, but I know how tricky it is to get voiceover to match up with video after the fact.

I did have a lol after when you
Spoiler:
jumped the transporter as the Jackass
, then did the exact same thing right after in your car and the in-game character's reaction just matched perfectly.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

FatherJack wrote:
Mr. Johnson wrote:I've also got part 2 of my driver San Francisco uploaded
Very nice, the vid was very watchable - I love watching other people play those sort of games as much as playing them and the time flew by, nice to end where you did as well. You certainly picked the right cars for your driving style with those big Ford V8s, ass-out round the corners and smash everything out of the way. Good choices for a copper, too - The late-90s Crown Victorias were popular police cars and the 1974 Torino was the Starsky and Hutch car.

What you were saying seeming to precede what was happening on screen by quite a bit, though - you were reading stuff out we hadn't seen yet, but I know how tricky it is to get voiceover to match up with video after the fact.

I did have a lol after when you
Spoiler:
jumped the transporter as the Jackass
, then did the exact same thing right after in your car and the in-game character's reaction just matched perfectly.
Thanks for the feedback FJ!

I redid the whole video yesterday morning, and that's probably why the audio didn't match; I didn't watch it again.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Grimmie wrote:More adventuring from Ms Cloudghost!
Also great stuff, rather fortuitous about the crash and there was less IC stuff, but I guess (as you said) it's a matter of neccessity to sneak a bit when an archer. I've played the game perhaps excessively, so there aren't a great many surprises for me - it'd be really nice to see more of what any mods you have add to the game, as well as how Solitaire in particular reacts to given situations.

I've always found it quite the challenge to replay games in a different way, as I remember what was successful and end up reverting to type - sneaky Kitty, practically invisible even in broad daylight, gets the stealth archery bonus every time and can open anything (yet still manages to become queen of the mages and also smith or enchant ludicrously powerful stuff), NOrc (naked orc) punches open doors with his mailed fist and bangs his weapon against his heavy armour bellowing for all the gribblies within to "come get me" (yet can still heal himself, sneak when required and fumble a few locks open).

Solitaire seems pretty much a mix of these two, at first it seems you might have gimped her with heavy armour and archery, but Skyrim is pretty forgiving in that regard. When Kitty's bowmastery fails, she relies purely on her fists (and claws) and there's only a single item in the game that buffs this. I thought I'd gimped myself when I found that out, but you grow, and nothing beats punching out a dragon with your paws.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

tandino wrote:Part 8 - Minesweeper!
Nice episode, very tense with the mines, but I couldn't quite understand how the bolts were helping you - was it when they seemed to bounce off something invisible? That didn't seem to happen all the times you decided a mine was there, and they bounced oddly even when you decided the path was clear.
tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

I did mention that I thought they were bouncing in odd ways at certain points, but the actual indication of mines was the noise the thrown bolts make on contact with the floor. Usually they're silent, but there's an odd mechanical click when they make contact with a mine.
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

FatherJack wrote:it'd be really nice to see more of what any mods you have add to the game.
They're all listed in the description for the first in the series - but most of them are pretty subtle. The biggest one is the smelting and armour smithing, but I'm gonna try and keep that to a mininum. I've decided she's an assassiny person - not a forge mistress, so perhaps I should take suggestions from the forum as to who she should attempt to kill? Anyone wanna make a contract and offer a bounty?

I have a bunch of mods I want to install, they're mostly aesthetic, but I'll wait till Solitaire dies so I can start with a clean game.

I'm also considering raising the difficulty level so that I can't just eat a bit of cheese in a fight, and so that it's not just bandit chiefs or "captain" level NPCs that I have to worry about.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Grimmie wrote:I should take suggestions from the forum as to who she should attempt to kill?
*EVERYONE*