Moderator: Forum Moderators

Pnut
Ninja
Ninja

Re: Lurkers of the world, unite!

Post by Pnut »

fabyak wrote:
although you may raise a chuckle if you die spectacularly
Try back flipping a Black Hawk full of randoms off a aircraft carrier and see what happens.
Anhamgrimmar
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by Anhamgrimmar »

Dog Pants wrote:
HereComesPete wrote:Well done ladies. I'm going to win that cupcake award at some point I tells you! (or did I win it last year?)

Either way, I think last year was good year. This year, instead of just going out and trawling the gutters for new people, how's about we go and poke lurkers to see if we can get them to become more active again?
What's wrong with trawling gutters? That's how we found you.

The Friday Diaries are in part meant to highlight our gaming sessions to people who might not normally join in. Show off activity outside the forum. I assume if people are lurking though it's because they like to check in on us but might not have the time to join in. Any lurkers out there have an opinion? Might be worth a thread actually. An empty lurker thread.

problem i've got is, cause i work 5D/5O/5N/5O, it means i'm not always around on the weekend, so i don't get to play with you guys. Add to that the whole having bought a house malarky, and spending time with the missus means i don't have as much free time at peak 5punk o clock, so i've gradually cut away :(

Also, i know the 5chedular went away with the forum move, but i keep seeing references to a diary but i can't seem to find it.

tl;dr? I miss you guys and girls, but no time to play when you're about!

also, that damned dyslexia joke has ruined the thread title for me. DYSLEXICS OF THE WORLD, UNTIE!
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

Anhamgrimmar wrote:Also, i know the 5chedular went away with the forum move, but i keep seeing references to a diary but i can't seem to find it.
Diary is here, Mr Anham.
www.5punk.co.uk
randomgazz
Unicorn
Unicorn

Post by randomgazz »

Time is my main problem as I struggle with Friday and Saturday nights for Games. I like the 'culture' here and enjoy reading a lot of the posts but I suppose because I don't get in to play games with you guys it feels a bit odd to be posting.
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

I think that's probably where we differ from "hardcore" clans. We're more of a community that plays games together, rather than a bunch of gamers who also have a forum. Post about the TV you've been watching, the MMO's you've sunk hours in to, what sort of day you've been having :)

And if Fridays and Saturdays are tough, then post about what sort of games you want to play with other 5punkers and I'm sure those who have those games will find time in their week nights to play.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I've wondered if we had a few members with that, and the diaries might actually make it worse. Oddly enough though not that many people play on games nights. We've had a fairly big turnout recently, but more often than not it's about eight of a regular cast of maybe a dozen. There's plenty of people who only really chat on the forum, and a few people who only really play games. You've given me an interesting thought though. Back in the day we used to have set gaming nights. CoD Tuesday, BEEF Thursday. Those week-night games faded away with the games we played, so maybe we should try to resurrect a couple for the people who can't make weekends. It's particularly handy for those of us who like to stick at a game rather than the ever changing Friday and Saturday games. Personally I'm not going to be able to contribute to week-night games, but I wouldn't mind jumping in without voice for an hour or so on odd nights. Might be worth branching out to a new thread again for that actually.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

This is why the 5cheduler was awesome and we should see if it's possible to restore it somehow. Very handy for saying "I'm going to play CS tomorrow night, join me if you want" and it meant at a glance you could see that something was supposed to be happening, rather than having to go on Steam and try and herd cats.

We also really do need a button at the top of this forum to go back to the main 5punk.co.uk page for easy access to the diary and TS widget. As much as I do like this new version of the forum, I think we have lost the some of the awesome tools which really helped us do stuff together.
That and I miss chevrons.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Agreed on all counts. Unfortunately it's beyond my knowledge, but I can go and add recurring Fri/Sat games to the front page. I wouldn't mind speeding up the loading on the front page too, but again I don't know how. Assistance is more than welcome.
Thompy
Shambler In Drag
Shambler In Drag

Post by Thompy »

Something that's probably been mentioned before but what about an open Google calendar, or similar, with a link to it on the top bar? The main problem I can think of is that the fact that it's not immediately visible might drastically reduce it's usefulness. Worth a shot? I did look into embedding last time the topic came up but couldn't work it out. This suggests it should be fairly simple though.
tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

Thompy wrote:Something that's probably been mentioned before but what about an open Google calendar, or similar, with a link to it on the top bar? The main problem I can think of is that the fact that it's not immediately visible might drastically reduce it's usefulness. Worth a shot? I did look into embedding last time the topic came up but couldn't work it out. This suggests it should be fairly simple though.
I can more than likely have a look at this next week. I imagine I'd need access to the phpbb source files though, if I was to make an adjustment to the forum proper. This would be a structural change, rather than a stylistic one. That a possibility?