D&D Coordination

For games played by men (and women) with beards, such as tabletop RPGs.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

D&D Coordination

Post by Dog Pants »

While sorting out my gear with Grimmie it occurred to me that we could probably coordinate and consolidate what we carry so were not all over-encumbered. I imagine at the moment we have duplicates of various things that we probably only need one or two of, like torches and ropes and ten foot poles. So with that in mind, lets work out what we can all take and leave so we're not all humping loads of extra weight around the dungeons. We can also use this thread to strategise and get our skills meshing.

So, I'm carrying a fairly light load because I don't have a particularly high carry capacity. This is because I'm a flimsy, skinny half-elf. Most of my weight is armour and weapons unfortunately, but I also have a few potions for general party consumption (healing, resist venom, resist fire). That's pretty much my light carry weight, and since weight is particularly important for sneaking and hiding and climbing I'm keeping it that way. However, I arranged with Grimmie to get a leatherworker to make me a quick release backpack which I can drop as a free action. That has my silk rope, grapple, bedpack, and water, which doubles my carry weight. That's not a huge problem because I can ditch it to scout, fight, or climb. This means the rest of you probably don't need a rope each unless you want to tie up goblins.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: D&D Coordination

Post by FatherJack »

I have 100ft of hempen rope and a grapple too but after we belatedly noticed that was leaving Thor at medium emcumberance which we hadn't been applying, his bear now carries them. She has impressive strength and even with Thor riding her with all his equipment she has enough room in her saddlebags for about another 75lbs while still remaining lightly encumbered.

If the necessity arose and it was possible to somehow attach them, at heavy emcumberance she could probably carry all of the rest of the party, or any one of their mounts, with the possible exception of Camilla.
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

Details! http://5punkybeards.wikia.com/wiki/DnD_ ... e_Backpack

Might be worth keeping a record of a party kitty on the Wiki for stuff you're willing to share, and who's holding what.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I've created a wiki page for tracking party equipment, among other things.

http://5punkybeards.wikia.com/wiki/Party_Assets
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

Updated the house rules too. If anyone wants refunds for animal feed/trail rations then let me know, and I'll take them off you.
http://5punkybeards.wikia.com/wiki/DnD_House_Rules
emeraldsub
Ferret
Ferret

Post by emeraldsub »

I found a thing!

Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »