Eclipse Phase: Glory

For games played by men (and women) with beards, such as tabletop RPGs.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Joose
Turret
Turret

Re: Eclipse Phase: Glory

Post by Joose »

Haha, sorry, d100
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

A thing ( :? ):

Roll(1d100)+0:
27,+0
Total:27
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

That'll do. It was a bit of a "common sense" test, as this would be reasonably obvious to your characters, but not necessarily to you as players: This is essentially a cargo bay, and there is a cargo sledge handy. Its a space-forklift. There's a mechanism to grab hold of things at the front, handles to hold on to it and directional thrusters to move it about. You can easily load the bits of satellite on to it, and Yu's morph, and use that to pootle out the largish airlock that the mining drones use.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Unlabelled to DCOM wrote:Is your suit still alright? We should take this sled so we can get all the stuff we need. See if there's anything you can leave in the cargo bay doors as well to stop them closing, give those sick fucks something to think about
We'll do that then :) To the ship!
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

DCOM wrote:What suit?
We'll do what he said. If we can get our objectives out without any more dipshittery I'll have a look at trying to perma-fuck the life support, and I'm going to do the same to the darkcast terminal. I don't want these arseholes surviving in any capacity. I'll put a bullet through the cortical stacks of the uglies we dropped too.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

I'll get the stuff to the ship and then come with, you're a little bit squishy right now.
Unlabelled wrote:Usagi, if this goes to shit get out of here. At least we'll have what we were sent here for. We can use some of the money to pay for backup insurance for us if need be, I'm not aiming to die but if I do so be it. Sound reasonable? Good.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

We have a few different things going on here, so lets take them one at a time.

First off: Everyone give me a perception roll.

Getting the gear on to the sledge and piloting the sledge out to your shuttle is trivial, so I wont make you roll for that.

Stopping the cargo bay doors from closing: Not necessarily simple depending on what you are trying to do. The cargo bay doors function like an airlock to keep air pressure in the room you are in, and jamming one open will mean that the other one wont open at all thanks to the safety mechanism. You can make a hardware roll to try and bypass that safety if you want, but you would have to do it from this room so bear in mind that when the atmosphere leaves it will try and take you with it.

Fucking the life support: If you want to do it clever and careful that will be another hardware roll. If you want to just blow it up then you could just start firing at it with the plasma rifle, but remember the previously mentioned fusion reactor that is a matter of feet away from the life support.

Darkcast: I assume you mean the link into the antenna that they have set up on the solar panel outside, as you havent actually come across the darkcasting equipment itself (which would be some sort of morph storage and an ego-bridge for the upload/downloading). Again, the liberated plasma rifle could easily smash the shit out of the fragile antenna, based on what you saw it do to the crates/your badly mangled body.

Popping cortical stacks: They are in deeply non-standard morphs, so you don't know if they even have a stack without doing a bit of impromptu surgery. Its always at the top of the spine though, so you can make an educated guess if you prefer.

EDIT: Oh, and everyone do a beam weapons roll too. I'm using it as a knowledge skill, not a shooting skill.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Perception (45):

Roll(1d100)+0:
59,+0
Total:59

Cock.

Can I park the sled in the outer set of doors once we've got the stuff unloaded? I'm not so sure I want to go back in there actually, there's only so much more punishment Doggers can take before they start on me 8)
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Beam Weapons (21):

Roll(1d100)+0:
75,+0
Total:75

:lol:
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

fabyak wrote:Can I park the sled in the outer set of doors once we've got the stuff unloaded? I'm not so sure I want to go back in there actually, there's only so much more punishment Doggers can take before they start on me 8)
To keep it from closing? Sure.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Excellent!
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I wasn't planning on taking the technical approach with the things I was trying to put out of action.

Perception (45):
6, 9: 69 Failure!

Last time I failed one of those I nearly died.

Beam weapons (25):
7, 5: 75 Severe Failure!

Yep, seems about right.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Dog Pants wrote:I wasn't planning on taking the technical approach with the things I was trying to put out of action.
So...you are shooting things? Or are you leaving it?
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Shooting, smashing with bricks, turning the batteries the wrong way round. Whatever really. Shooting will do.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

OK so...

First off, shooting the bodies to deal with cortical stacks. Cortical stacks need to be near the brain, so you are pretty sure you get them. The plasma rifle takes their heads clean off.

You also pump some plasma into the life support. Lights go out and fans stop spinning, and you manage to do it without blowing the fusion reactor. You are no tech expert, but it looks pretty badly messed up. If it is fixable at all it looks like that would take a while.

On your way back out to the shuttle you fire a couple of shots at the antenna. The first one does some damage, the second ... has unforeseen consequences. Turns out that the thing you didnt know about plasma rifles (from the weapon skill check I made you do) is that they don't cool properly in vacuum. It blows up in your hand, doing you 7 damage.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Makes sense. Do I have 7 damage to take?
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Er...no. The good news is that it doesn't outright kill you! It does take you over your durability though, so you slip into a robo-coma. You robo-pass out. You broke.

Fab and FJ: You see DCOM come out of the hab, turn, shoot the antenna once and then there is a flash and the next thing you see is DCOM's morph spiraling away with bits coming off.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

At least I'm easy to fix.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Unlabelled wrote:Oh kanggo kawin marga, Ing path gesang kawula strewn karo cowpats saka Iblis iku dhewe setan komplotan. Aku sorely digodha kanggo ninggalake wong ana.
Unlabelled sighs in a deeply exasperated manner
Unlabelled to Usagi wrote:Do you want to get him or shall I?
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

:lol: I love how there is the word "cowpats" randomly in the middle of that.