67%

Total votes: 12

Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Re: BeardBash 2014

Post by Grimmie »

Em and I are definitely coming along.

I'll be running a D&D 3.5 game (hastily re-done at the last minute by yours truly) and a secret mystery game that we'll all get a chance to DM at (don't worry, it's in the rules). Em's running a D&D for kids game, which is probably going to be just perfect for 5punkers, and we'll bring along our Fluxx cards too. Joose and I have a special emergency dungeon generator lined up in case you guys just wanna go trouncing around beating shit up and looting fancy magic items, too.

All of that food sounds good to me!

I shall have another quick think about drink tonight.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

I'll be there! I'll drive up Friday afternoon, if people post their train arrival times I'll make sure to get there in time to help out with that if needed. I like all types of foods and all types of drinks and all types of games and all types of sleeping places. I don't have a huge amount of money, but I should be okay for what's been suggested - I'll supply my own booze of course, which might need to be topped up with a supermarket visit depending how thirsty I am.

If you still have an XBox 360 I'll bring a few games in case anyone's up late or we can't fit everyone in a game. My phone should remember where you are, be good to see you all again!
The Shutting Downs
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by The Shutting Downs »

As before, I can now make Saturday due to day job (TM)

Can I has address plz?
Pnut
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Pnut »

I'll be getting into Loughborough for 15:40ish. Indian, pizza and pub all sound good for foods. Does anyone have a sky go account with sky sports on it that I could borrow? Just asking as my team plays on Saturday evening (don't worry, it wont distract me that much).
Shada
Shambler
Shambler

Post by Shada »

I'll be coincidentally in Loughborough petting some animals at a farm around midday so when I get bored of that I'm probably within walking distance. pm me your address joose!

Indian food is always a yes for me but generally I'll eat most anything
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

Anyone heard from Jock?
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Grimmie wrote:Anyone heard from Jock?
Nyet. Anyone got a line to the jockphone?

Oh, something I forgot to mention before: The Indian we are going to is a "bring your own booze" thing, they don't sell alcohol there. I would suggest just taking a couple of bottles/cans as you only have to last through the meal :) Again, we can make a trip to the shops for booze before we head out if necessary.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Ooh ooh ooh (monkey in a bath), I may be able to make a special guest appearance this evening if you have the room. What are your plans?
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

Out for an injun later, and mostly boardgames and card games. There's plenty of room!
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

What an incredibash! Lots of food and games played, will have to somehow recap some of the games at some point.

We got through:
* Escape: Curse of the temple (three times, once with curses)
* Smash-Up
* Flux (several versions, and a space-pirate-cthulhu meta-flux)
* D&D 3.5
* Everyone is John
* Eclipse Phase
* D&D for young'uns
* Chaos dungeon (more on that later...)
* Some videogames

Excellent hosting by Joose and Becki, thanks both!
Pop us your bank details and we'll fire curry money and snack compensation over!
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

Photos are online!

Welcome to Beard Bash III by Grimmie, on Flickr
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

:w00t:

Drunken late night Everyone is John was a particular highlight for me, but it was all excellent!

FJ, you left a tshirt behind. I shall return it to you along with Katamari if thats ok with you.

Other than that, I think the house is remarkably forgotten stuff free. Shout if you think you have left something behind though.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Joose wrote:FJ, you left a tshirt behind. I shall return it to you along with Katamari if thats ok with you.
Ah, thanks - wondered where that was. Perhaps you can use it as a duvet cover until I next see you.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Pretty sure I left some stuff at the first beardbash...
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Bash looked awesome. I love that you all made your own minis out of play-doh, and someone needs to make a game with a party of wizards casting insane spells. Sounds like a tabletop version of Magica.
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

I'm actually contemplating holding hyper-magic wizard sessions once a month over Skype. The turnover would be pretty high so we could get through a pretty long list of people on a waiting list if many were interested.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Grimmie wrote:I'm actually contemplating holding hyper-magic wizard sessions once a month over Skype. The turnover would be pretty high so we could get through a pretty long list of people on a waiting list if many were interested.
Becki has pointed out that if you could somehow get the random dungeon to just spit out a room at a time you could pretty much play this GM-less. With some minor tweaking I think thats completely doable.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

There are random dungeon generators out there that work on a room by room basis. Advanced Heroquest had one for solo play I think.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

BTW, I have made an excel version of the random magic list, complete with random selection, in the 5punkybeards folder. Its based on v2 of the Net Librum of Random Magic, rather than the v1.2 we were using. Main differences being its less broken and has less things that are situation specific (ie you are much less likely to roll something that just doesn't apply to you).

I'm going to be trying using this and the donjon random dungeon generator tonight to run a game for me, the mrs and a friend (who has never played an RPG before, so it could be interesting). I will be both GM and party member, and I'm just going to rely on trying not to metagame. I'll let you know how it goes!
Pnut
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Pnut »

Dog Pants wrote:There are random dungeon generators out there that work on a room by room basis. Advanced Heroquest had one for solo play I think.
It does and I have it somewhere, it should be fairly simple to switch over to D&D use. I will have a look for it over the weekend.