Re: Payday 2

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

surprise grenades for all!
Shada
Shambler
Shambler

Post by Shada »

New rifles are FAMAS, Galil and G3. Good stuff, now I can have a proper FAMAS + USP solid snake loadout :p

Melee weapons will have concealment now too by the look of it. So basically switch to weapon butt for stealth. Removes a bit of variety but makes sense I guess

Also, attachments for the grenade launcher are "pirate stock" and "pirate barrel" for maximum blunderbuss hand cannon
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Shada wrote:So basically switch to weapon butt for stealth.
Do both!

buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

This pack will be an insta buy then, just for those weapons.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Aaaand the beta values have been nerfed to the ground, at least for diamond store, which now gives 130k xp on dw, rather than 400k odd.

But everything else looks relatively balanced, the banks offer around 23-24% of a level.
Shada
Shambler
Shambler

Post by Shada »

assault pack is out. I bought it. I'm a tool. I'm a slave to mass produced DLC bullshit.

w/e I'm gonna thump some guys with my new grenade launcher
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

They really should just do this shit on a subscription model, I'd pay a fiver a month for it. :)
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Dr. kitteny berk wrote:Aaaand the beta values have been nerfed to the ground, at least for diamond store, which now gives 130k xp on dw, rather than 400k odd.
But everything else looks relatively balanced, the banks offer around 23-24% of a level.
We knew they would as they were bonkers. I got 708k t'other night from a single mission. Absolutely bonkers.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

They're not awful now by any stretch, the progress is still swift, just not quite silly, I gained 100 levels during the beta.
Shada
Shambler
Shambler

Post by Shada »

I'm kinda completely done with joining randomers so intent on playing this game so perfectly all the time and getting precious about things not going to plan. The game mechanics kinda need rejigging so Plan B can actually be a Plan B instead of "oh no we fucked up, better restart/grenade suicide".

Like even something as simple as being able to run back to your van to grab heavy armour. Just anything other than absolute perfection or nothing.
Anhamgrimmar
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by Anhamgrimmar »

Shada wrote:I'm kinda completely done with joining randomers so intent on playing this game so perfectly all the time and getting precious about things not going to plan. The game mechanics kinda need rejigging so Plan B can actually be a Plan B instead of "oh no we fucked up, better restart/grenade suicide".

Like even something as simple as being able to run back to your van to grab heavy armour. Just anything other than absolute perfection or nothing.

Hoxhud has a lot to answer for as well: keep joining with randoms, who tell me "your build is not optimised", and then i get kicked. :cry:

I could set my steam profile to private so they cant look me up on pd2stats, but then i'd get kicked cause they can't look up my skills :x

Rather than getting kicked because i want to bring a GL on shadowraid DW :ignore: :)
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

:lol:

I just can't be arsed with randoms these days, you can coax them to do the job right, or wrong but fast (ECM zerg just about anything), then some wanker completely fails, or doesn't approve of the plan so refuses to do it.
Shada
Shambler
Shambler

Post by Shada »

I played with a guy yesterday who kicked someone on day 1 of firestarter for taking half a second too long to get to the escape van, kicked two guys on day 2 because they greeted each other in italian, complained vocally about everything the entire time, yelled at new joiners for taking too long to move while carrying the server (??? hurrr you're going too slow carrying the heaviest item in the game).

I asked him if he was having a bad day and he said "this community is beyond me" and then kicked everyone. He must be such a lonely person :(
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Shada
Shambler
Shambler

Post by Shada »

oh man if it includes the Tony mask I am SET.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Ooooh!

Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Oh my fucking word. One of my favourite games ever combined with a game I quite like. I am indescribably excited.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

This from the FAQ, in case anyone was wondering:
Overkill wrote: Q: Why?
A: Because we at OVERKILL fucking love Hotline Miami.
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

I will be only be satisfied if i can kill people with doors
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Oooh. Me likey.

Also makes me wonder if the Gage Assault Pack, which obviously is designed for Plan B work, was put out a few weeks before this on purpose. We've had a lot of steathy heists recently like Shadow Raid and Big Bank (well, part stealthy), so I wonder if this'll be a shooty shooty bang bang one.