BELGIUM BASH II: food ordering thread.

Forum for organising the next LAN event

Moderator: Forum Moderators

What do you want to eat for breakfast Sunday?

Waffles!
60%
Pastries!
No votes
I can't decide!
40%

Total votes: 5

Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

BELGIUM BASH II: food ordering thread.

Post by Mr. Johnson »

With about a week to go before our most triumphant weekend I'd like to know what you'd all like to eat. Last time I went to the store with you but this time that might be trickier as we have no real transportation, so I'm going to order ahead this time. We will be passing by some shops Saturday so if I forgot something we can pick it up there.

I already have a pretty good idea of what 5punkers like, so I'm going to order the following:

food
-salty snacks such as crisps, nuts etc. These are mostly the same is in the UK (apart from all the vinegar things) so I'll just get a bit of variety.
-bread
-hamburger buns
-bacon!
-eggs
-sauce, I'll get us an assortment for our barbecue on Sunday. (including samourai, Pete)
-mattentaart (!)
-some lettuce, potatoes and tomatoes for the barbecue
-meat for the barbecue. I'll get a bit of everything like sausages, steaks, mince for burgers, ribs... Anything specific you want shout it out.

drinks
Like last time, I'm going to buy us some simple lager for us beer drinking folks and you can try some of the nice stuff in the bars. However, if there is a specific demand for it I will happily oblige. Otherwise, there will be the following;

-primus pils, two crates (48x25cl)
-cola
-lemonade
-jack daniels (I'm only getting one bottle for Friday but we can pick up more)
-vodka (any preference for brands?)

Now, I'm sure I forgot a few things so please tell me what else you want.

Sunday breakfast
The previous bashers might remember the pastries we had on Sunday last time, and I wanted to do that again but then I had an idea and thought we could have waffles instead. We have a waffle iron at home for making Brussels waffles, the only downside of this would be that it takes a little while to make them as the iron needs to heat up and it takes a few minutes to bake it.
If you don't know what I mean by pastries, think all kinds of croissanty things, with pudding, chocolate, etc. Anyway, let me know what you'd prefer.

Also, if you guys want chocolates my brother is a chocolatier and can bring a few boxes from his work, I'll update this with prices when I know them.

And can I make a special shout out for someone to bring me pickled eggs? That might sound strange but I've always wanted to try it and I never had the chance. I'm guessing they taste awful BUT I HAVE TO KNOW.

Let's make this bash excellent.

emeraldsub
Ferret
Ferret

Re: BELGIUM BASH II: food ordering thread.

Post by emeraldsub »

I'll bring you some pickled eggs Mr J :) I think they're yummy!
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

Put me down for a couple of those variety boxes from you bro's shop. They were awesome last time.

Can you get a bottle of Apple Schnapps? It's cheap and alcohol rich. Mmm.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Mr. Johnson wrote:And can I make a special shout out for someone to bring me pickled eggs? That might sound strange but I've always wanted to try it and I never had the chance. I'm guessing they taste awful BUT I HAVE TO KNOW.
They're basically hard-boiled eggs, shelled and dumped in a jar of white vinegar for an indeterminate length of time. Not really a tricky recipe, but they do have a certain something. That first vinegary bite as your teeth pierce the vinegar-assaulted slightly-grey egg-flesh is the best bit - cutting them up first would ruin the experience as they pretty much taste like boiled eggs with a bit of vinegar after that.

The other notable thing about them is that over here they were often a chip-shop delicacy - stored and served slightly warm owing to their prominent position on the counter above the fryers, etc. They thus became regarded as a sort of salmonella lottery, which only the brave would try.

I bloody love them.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Well I'll have to try them now.
tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

Mr. Johnson wrote: Let's make this bash excellent.

All of this sounds super good MrJ, thanks! I know you may be a bit strapped for cash right now. Do you want/need some money in advance?
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

tandino wrote:All of this sounds super good MrJ, thanks! I know you may be a bit strapped for cash right now. Do you want/need some money in advance?
Thanks Tandy, but I'm fine for money right now. I'll put the usual donation jar up but please don't donate if you can't afford it, I'm already super excite that you're willing to come over here.
I am going to have to ask you to buy any extra alcohol yourself as that is kinda pricey, but the initial beer, vodka and bottle of jack are my treat, as is the Sunday breakfast 8)
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Samourai sauce! Yessssss!

I went with I can't decide! Because the pastries were glorious but waffles sound amazing.

And put me down for a couple of variety boxes too, I shall gift them to the women in work and have an easier life for a short while.
Wiggy
5pork
5pork

Post by Wiggy »

As long as I have food and beer, that's fine by me. Oh, I need to get somewhere that sells the awesome mayo that Berk likes as he wants me to bring some back with me.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Chocolate update:

It's €20 for 1 kg, so that's €5 for 250 gr, €10 for 500 gr and €20 for a kg.

I don't really know how many chocolates are in each of these boxes but I can tell you that 1 kg of chocolates is a lot of chocolates. The type of thing you'd take to your office to put in the break room for the ladies. 8)

They put them in at random but make sure that you get a variety of things, you can have a look at the available chocolates here. It's important to note that only the chocolates on the second page are the ones you'll get. Try and guess what's in them! (or use google translate)
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Mrs Pants saw me looking at those chocolates and responded in a way I wish I could replicate in the bedroom. I tried to use it as leverage to get to the bash but it didn't work.
Mr. Johnson
Mr Flibbles
Mr Flibbles

Post by Mr. Johnson »

Bring her and sprog along, I've got an excellent daycare centre*!

*We call these "cellars".
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

4 x 250g for me please Mr J.
Thompy
Shambler In Drag
Shambler In Drag

Post by Thompy »

Mr. Johnson wrote:1 kg of chocolates is a lot of chocolates.
Pff.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

Mr. Johnson wrote:The type of thing you'd take to your office to put in the break room for the ladies. 8)
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

:lol:
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Being raped with a coconut would probably be very uncomfortable.
Thompy
Shambler In Drag
Shambler In Drag

Post by Thompy »

tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

Mrs Tandini is gutted she can't make it but has told me in no uncertain terms to get some chocolate to bring home, so I too would like 4x250g boxes please Mr J. Also, what's the rum situation like in Belgium? I AM EXCITE! :likesitall:
emeraldsub
Ferret
Ferret

Post by emeraldsub »

4 x 250g chocs for me and Grim please :)