Moderator: Forum Moderators

To beard in my kitchen or not to beard in my kitchen

Yup
22%
Nope
11%
Still not sure
11%
What a pile of wank set of answers you could have at least thought of something amusingly relevant
56%

Total votes: 9

Joose
Turret
Turret

Re: Not a Bash

Post by Joose »

Im a big board games fan. Recently I have been getting a huge amount of enjoyment from Ticket to Ride (a game about trains which sounds thoroughly boring when its explained but is a lot of fun to play) and Small World (very silly but surprisingly tactical at the same time). If you want a good co-op game Forbidden Island is excellent. Pandemic is also great for co-op, as long as you don't mind losing far more often than winning.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I've had a good dig about, had a good read of Rab Florence's column on RPS, and bought Arkham Horror. I also added the fairly cheap X-Wing to my Amazon wishlist as a hint for Mrs Pants. Both are relatively inexpensive (£40 and £26 respectively) and both have lots of expansion options if I really take to them. Now I just need someone to play with.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Oooh, yes, Arkham Horror is good too. Not tried X-Wing.

In addition to Rab Florences column, I highly recommend Shut Up and Sit Down. They do a mix of blog posts and video reviews and are both informative and generally pretty funny too.

Tabletopis worth a go as well, depending on your opinion of Wil Wheaton. Its not a review show exactly, more of a Lets Play for boardgames. Quality of the episodes varies wildly depending on the guests.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Also, there's a barely used copy of Advanced Space Crusade on eBay at the moment, current bid is £5.50. Given that another copy is going for £150 I don't expect it to stay that way, but you never know. I'd bid for it myself but I refuse to use Paypal, even for this. I just hope some cupcake doesn't grab it cheap and then resell it for a silly amount.