mobeel fhone

If you touch your software enough does it become hardware?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Re: mobeel fhone

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

oh yeah, ended up with a note 2. massive bastard slab it is, but just about the right size for my paws.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Oh, oh! I have a phone question. Are refurbs a terrible idea or a good way to save money if you're not a cutting edge Apple geek? They seem too good to be true to me, so probably are, but I've had no experience. Anyone any idea?
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

Dog Pants wrote:Oh, oh! I have a phone question. Are refurbs a terrible idea or a good way to save money if you're not a cutting edge Apple geek? They seem too good to be true to me, so probably are, but I've had no experience. Anyone any idea?
IIRC many refurbs are really just phones that were returned because the original purchaser didn't quite like it for whatever reason, so often there is absolutely nothing wrong with them. I took a chance on getting a refurb with an LG Vu ages ago and it's still working as far as I know.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Dog Pants wrote:Oh, oh! I have a phone question. Are refurbs a terrible idea or a good way to save money if you're not a cutting edge Apple geek? They seem too good to be true to me, so probably are, but I've had no experience. Anyone any idea?
I only really know about iPhones and Samsungs from the what-they-do-when-they're-broken perspective. My experience has been that they just replace broken iPhones straight away as the store don't have the tools to open them, but Samsungs they always insist on sending off to a regional fixing centre store for repair.

Theoretically that means refurbed iPhones are perhaps less broken, whereas a refurbed Samsung could have had a store attempt a repair and it had to be sent further up the line.

It depends on the guarantee you get on a refurb model - my S3's had to be repaired twice, and I only have another year left on the original guarantee, so by buying a refurb one with a year's guarantee you're potentially getting a more reliable, or at least equivalent phone.

I don't know what package deals you can get on refurbs, however. The deal I got over two years adds up to approximately the cost of the phone, but I also get calls and (unlimited) data over those two years. If with a refurb deal you have to buy the phone outright (albeit at a cheaper price) but still have to pay for calls and data, then it's not so ecomonical.
Wifeyberk
Mushroom
Mushroom

Post by Wifeyberk »

Just upgraded mine to the new galaxy note 3. It's interesting .

I was toying with one of 3 different handsets; those being the Galaxy Note 3, the s4, and the Sony experia z1 ultra. I looked into each one of them thoroughly, and while the z1 took my fancy, it was a lower spec than that of the note 3. The s4 wasn't really in the running due to the "random death" issues that the s series has suffered from.

The z1 has amazing features like it is waterproof at x depth for a short time. This is a hell of a good thing if you live with 2 spazzes. It's also pretty hard wearing by today's phone technology standards. But. It has a 7 inch screen, it's huge. You can't actually use it for its intended purpose because it would be like you were back in the 80's. This didn't bother me so much because I only tend to use it in the car, via the bluetooth thing built in. But it would've made using it in town rather awkward. Including carrying it, because I usually don't have pockets or a handbag (I just use Berk). So, with much consideration, I chose the note 3.

It's pretty awesome actually. It's excellent graphics, amazing sounds. I like it's features, especially the ones that you get to scribble on the phone with like an angry child holding a crayon. It doesn't have a lot of memory but this can be expanded cheap enough. I'm more than happy with it, I'd highly recommend it to anyone looking for a new phone.

Lastly, you can have a lot of laughs with the text prediction. For example:

The only thing that I have been sent to you by email or telephone and I am a man who was born in the end of this message to your PayPal account. .

Berks is funnier cause he's trained his to put anus and goat in. Unless that just goes off your Google searches lol