Lets Play!

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Re: Lets Play!

Post by fabyak »

:likesitall:
tandino
Ninja Pirate
Ninja Pirate

Post by tandino »

Episode 21: Full Frontal Action

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJgQb5iLAfM[/media]

Expect some pop up bandits, silenced Walther action and a hard as balls STALKER with a knife going toe to toe with a bullet dodging Bloodsucker!
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Haha, wow. Going melee with a bloodsucker requires balls of steel.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Got as far as ep 19 (I think) in Tandino's Stalker LP, and I've just realised. Mate, you talk about tools and ejaculations a lot. That's not a criticism, it's funny when you realise.

EDIT: Pfft, forgot about that word felcher.
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

Dog Pants wrote:EDIT: Pfft, forgot about that word felcher.

Still one of my favourites :)
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

:likesitall: Great work!

Picked that up from the humble store (about £12 right now) on Friday and gave it a go today, managed to lose all my amassed population from starvation during their second winter 'cause I'd been concentrating on production buildings like the blacksmith and tailor (even though I had tools and jackets in storage still) before getting things like the herbalist and major food production sorted.

Looking forward to seeing more!
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

More already?

Yes. It all goes a bit wrong in this one.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqLVjWV9JrE[/media]
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Good stuff FJ, I enjoyed those. I've been tempted to buy Banished, but reports are that it's balance it out and you end up with 90% of your town gathering firewood and food, and still end up starving and freezing to death. Maybe the reviewers are just rubbish.
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

Dog Pants wrote:Good stuff FJ, I enjoyed those. I've been tempted to buy Banished, but reports are that it's balance it out and you end up with 90% of your town gathering firewood and food, and still end up starving and freezing to death. Maybe the reviewers are just rubbish.
You do end up with a large chunk of your population gathering food, but the people who constantly have problems with having all their population starving despite everyone having a food related job seems to mostly be down to a lack of understanding of the different storage facilities, path finding, the way people will store food in their homes and expansion, which to be fair isn't really explained in any real way during the game and is more discovered through trial and error

But you don't have a currency in this game, its more of a survival game than your traditional city builder, you have wood, stone, and iron as your 3 building resources and then tools, cloths, beer and food as the consumables and trade is done on a bartering system. so yeah you'll have a small chunk of people running the utility and consumable production buildings as they generally only need 1 person each, and the rest of your population will be set to stockpile the different resources. And its a good idea to have a reasonable amount of all the consumables in your storage at all times in case disaster hits and to make sure you don't run out as you need to keep expanding at a reasonable pace to make sure your town doesn't die off from old age.

That's all somewhat simplified and its quite hard to explain the nuances of all the mechanics outside of the game, but generally when I've seen peoples towns just fall apart its because they over stretched their resources, i don't find the food consumption to be imbalanced because the years are worked out in a very abstract way (again this isn't explained and only discovered through playing and observing) so i think its more a lack of proper explanation and documentation due to it being a new release.

edit: Just watched your second vidja FJ, if you didn't know any profession worker who has nothing to do for their job will just do laborers work, and i have a suspicion from my games that when builders only job is to clear stuff away from a building site or to deliver items to a building site they could ignore it and go do other laborer jobs like clearing out those resources you marked to the south west of your settlement as the AI seems to consider it all the same. can really screw you over when you need something built quickly.
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Managed to miss these first time around, most enjoyable! Will be keeping an eye out for it on sale
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

A few people mentioned they were unsure about buying Plague Inc in the steam sale, so I made this yesterday afternoon!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0BH_P1SS9k[/media]
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

Good stuff Grimmie! I'll be looking out for that on sale :)
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

Awesome! that was some speedy vidja making you did there mister grim.

Watched it while having my morning cuppa and i caved and bought it, looks like there's more to it than i originally thought and development is still ongoing.

Time to infect the world with monkey bum fun disease!

edit: first game completed, game so close to winning too, i was just about to get one of the upgrades that creates more strains and fucks up the research when i accidentally bought something i just devolved as my mouse picked up a click as a double click and that seems to buy things, mildly frustrating but other than that the games a lot of fun. also, fuck Greenland those unsociable bastards!
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I'm still keeping an eye out for Plague Inc in the sales but it looks like it could be prone to a single killer solution rather than experimentation and variety. Does the aggressive way work, are there other path(ogen)s to victory?
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

Dog Pants wrote:I'm still keeping an eye out for Plague Inc in the sales but it looks like it could be prone to a single killer solution rather than experimentation and variety. Does the aggressive way work, are there other path(ogen)s to victory?
On the android version (which is incidentally, is free, but limited) you can pretty much just win by
Spoiler:
maintaining no symptoms and minor transmission until you have 100% infection
, then destroy humanity. No idea if it's the same for the PC version, but once I realised that, it rather lost its lustre, much like the primary school maths worksheets that had Adding to 10, and suchlike as the page title.
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

I showed Bacteria, which is pretty much easily won using that one tactic.

Viruses are more prone to mutation, and actually cost to refund symptoms, instead of giving money back. The fungi are terrible at transmission, but you can spend DNA points to spontaneously spread spores to a random country, in that way it's more about timing - is your fungus infective enough that it's going to benefit from popping up in a country it might not have cold resistance for, yet?

I haven't unlocked the other plagues yet, but they're different enough so far that it keeps it fun.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Here is a new video showing how State of Decay differs from other zombie-bashing games. Don't miss the highlights reel at the end.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTOuDG50ex4[/media]
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Yay for something to watch while I was up! I bought State of Decay in the sales but bounced off it due to lack of decent resolution support and badly explained controls. A probably good game marred by a poor console conversion.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Raptr has a 'stream to twitch' thing I've been playing with, so there may be a few impromptu let's plays at http://www.twitch.tv/fatherjackz

I tend to use Raptr for its game-tracking now that XFire is pretty much completely broken - it does some nice compare-with-your-mates things and it'd be nice to see a few more 5punkers use it. You don't have to run it all the time - it will update as and when it runs, you can choose to give it details of as many game systems as you want.