ProfHawking
Zombie
Zombie

Re: Marmite Series

Post by ProfHawking »

WOo booked!! :boogie: :boogie:
Exiciting! not been to a lan for yonks

Guess which section I chose to sit in?
But yeah sorting out seating together would be best. Anery, whats the plan?
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Right, ticket manager is a bit of a dog's arse, but Anery and I have booked H2-G12 and H2-G13 respectively. You'd have to assign yourself the the Battlefield group to get 14/15 or one of the ones opposite, but that doesn't make any real difference.
ProfHawking
Zombie
Zombie

Post by ProfHawking »

Alright cool, H2-G14 was free so I've snagged that

Does that mean I need to buy/know how to play the new beef?
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Nah, don't think so. I think they just try to group people up so that they play similar games, but we don't care about that.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Nah, no need to actually play the games that you sit in the areas for, it is just so that people who play battlefield can sit alongside other battlefield players and everyone can stay away from the CS:S kiddies...oh...right :wave:
I will be camping as the prices for rooms for Summer Lan are a bit too extravagant and it also means I will get out of bed - nothing like your bedroom lighting up with the sun to keep you awake, also means we can BBQ and the Rugby Club is open for cheap boozes. I know Pants plans to do the same.
Speaking of boozes, as far as entertainment is concerned there is a shindig on the Friday night that involves boozes and karaoke and rock band and a very wrong costume contest and other stuffs. Saturday is the pub quiz and boat race (staff v punters) and more boozes. I plan on bringing Death Angel with me (card game of Space Hulk - works quite well if you are sober enough to actually read what is on the cards...) and Battle Tech which I plan on giving a whirl at some point over the weekend, I also have B.U.T.T.O.N which I plan on trying out with the four of us (which is why I found the widest isle possible)
Booze prices in the venue are the same as highstreet per pint, they won't allow you to bring your own into the hall, however you are welcome to bring a crate and sit outside the hall and drink it.
Also - bucking bronco giant can of Kick energy drink.
Also, beer and food can be ordered for and paid for online and they will deliver to your desk (useful when a hangover prevents you from moving)

Anymore for anymore? the more the merrier
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

UT 200k 1v1s, for shits n giggles...

http://iseries.multiplay.co.uk/i46/tour ... 004/#about
ProfHawking
Zombie
Zombie

Post by ProfHawking »

heh, yeah why not.
But the signup server seems to be down?

What about CSS though! shits & giggles also :p Do you know if you need a number of people to enter as a team?
fabyak
Home-made Big Daddy
Home-made Big Daddy

Post by fabyak »

We should have a clan! *runs*
ProfHawking
Zombie
Zombie

Post by ProfHawking »

3jaculate!
Soonarmar
Squirrel
Squirrel

Post by Soonarmar »

ProfHawking wrote:3jaculate!

Soonarmar likes ProfHawking's post.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

There is one spot left next to us if anyone is interested?
ProfHawking
Zombie
Zombie

Post by ProfHawking »

Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Mnnngh, the camping situation is a source of much consternation. do I get a cheap tent, a can of silicon sealant and some duct tape, or go for a decent quality one? I keep wanting the big six-man tents with two rooms and a middle bit to chill in, but I don't really have much room to store it at home, and I wonder how much time I'll actually spend in it. I might be better with a little 4-man (Mrs/Sprog have expressed interest for a later date). I can get a surplus cot bed for about £20, or I can hold out and hope my mate can find his among all the kit he inherited when he left the horses. One thing I don't think is a problem will be borrowing a folding table and chairs, my father in law keeps one in his car boot. Impressive how compact it is.
ProfHawking
Zombie
Zombie

Post by ProfHawking »

Worth checking ebay maybe? I snagged a good tent cheaply on there last year. Its quite a beast to lug about, but its nice and spacious.

What about other camping stuff.. I've got a gazibo, a little gas stove thing, folding chairs, other handy bits and bobs. Worth bringing do you think?
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I got a tent in the end, cheapy six man from Tesco. For £37 I'm not expecting arctic expedition standard, so I bought some duct tape too. I'll be bringing a folding table and chairs (one of those all in one jobbies) borrowed from my father in law, but I reckon a few BBQs and cook-ups will be a nice change and save money on the in-hall food.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

That last spot has been taken by a lad I work with, he is a nice guy but can get a bit overenthuisiastic. Gazebo might be a good idea actually Prof, can set it up between our tents so we don't get rain dripping through the doorways as we enter/exit and we can stick any table/chairs underneath it when we want to chill
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Can you makesure you change your clan tag to 5Punk, they are defragging the seating and whilst it shouldn't matter they might move us about. Especially as my cunning plan to end up with a spare seat next to me so I have more room has worked. Not that I've ever been moved for the sake of one seat but you never know...
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Done. Being moved somewhere else would certainly put a pisser on the event.
ProfHawking
Zombie
Zombie

Post by ProfHawking »

Fast approaching LAN! :boogie:

What are your plans guys, do you want to aim to meet up there on Thursday at any particular time/place?
I've never been to a Multiplay lan so not sure what the best thing to do - meet up and pitch tents nearby, or dump gear in the halls first or what

I'm gonna do a shopping run at some point before thurs, planning on getting a couple of disposable BBQs, some bits to go on them, crate of beer etc. Anything else worth bringing?
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Woo! I've never been to a multiplay man either, but I'll pm you my phone number so we can coordinate. Hopefully the weather will be decent so we can get the BBQ on. Might be worth a shopping run for meats etc there.