Planetside 2

Where we come together to shoot 5punk.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Planetside 2

Post by Dog Pants »

I'm really not convinced by these server-wide 'alerts'. They just seem to encourage zerging and empty everywhere that isn't the objective. Last night we fought a very frustrating running battle with a Sunderer equipped enemy squad who were just ninja-capping their way across the map, eventually surrounding our warp gate and cutting off all our territory, and hardly anyone made any effort to stop it.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

I concur.
While they're good for marshalling the troops, they decimate the player count of the other continents.

If anything, a large part of the problem could be served by simply locking the continent when an alert happens, to stop people pilling in.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

New updates on the test server apparently, the new Harasser buggy is there, seems pretty damn quick, could will cause problems to Magriders if they miss a shot = other tanks should be ok.
New upgrades to the MAX, Vanu seem to get bummed again. NC get a riot shield, TR get to plant their feet like a Tau Crisis Battlesuit and do more damage and the Vanu get an increase to damage and movement speed.
Last edited by HereComesPete on April 29th, 2013, 17:51, edited 1 time in total.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Purple spandex army gets fucked over again. More damage on guns that seems to do fuck all half the time. Still, more speed means you can run away faster.

Why couldn't they add some weird sci-fi shit, like a load of maxes together can fucking combine, that would be sweet. Or if a group all stand together the blobby plasma stuff they fire gets a lot more powerful, not as awesome but useful.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

MAX jump jets. I can't remember what they originally thought of, but they said it would be overpowered so went with.. just a normal MAX but a little bit faster. Because MAX suits are known for their manoeuvres. Can't have something powerful for the VS after all.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

TR, Woodman, just saying.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rtkcm8kkZ-4[/media]

EDIT
I feel that they should go into slo motion at the end to the sound of Barber's Adagio for Strings
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

New patch is out, Harasser is in. Full patch notes here. Compared to previous patches this is pretty light (for what it is) at 389MB
There have been a shit load of tweaks to weapons, recoil reduction, equip times, reload times even pellet damage adjustments.
Also tanks have been massively buffed though I'm not sure some needed it. Vanguard front armour was 62 base stat, compared to Maggie and Growlers at 55. Van now at 68 others at 63. Rear armour increased from -20 to 30 (Mag/Growl) or 35 (Van)

I fucking hate NC
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

The Harrassers are turning out to be a handy little bit of kit. Bits, Anery and I bodded around in one a bit, and while it's not that fast it gets you where you're going without much fuss. I came up against a few, notably one with a Halberd AT launcher on it. Damn thing kept scuttling off into cover and popping out to rocket my Maggie. It ended in a stalemate eventually when a Mosquito got me.

If you log on this weekend you can pick up a free camo for manperson, vehicle and gun. It's like a less gaudy (so less attractive) version of the disco camo.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Dog Pants wrote:If you log on this weekend you can pick up a free camo for manperson, vehicle and gun. It's like a less gaudy (so less attractive) version of the disco camo.
Where'd you read that? Or is it a subscriber only thing?
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Here, and I'm not a subscriber, everyone gets it. Also free premium membership this month.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Reading the T's and C's, seems to only apply to existing premium members, ex-premium members, people who've bought stuff with SC, or beta/alpha testers.
The free Premium Membership is being granted to PlanetSide 2 accounts in good standing that previously had a Premium Membership or All Access Pass (since November 20, 2012) that lapsed on or before April 3, 2013, or that made an in-game item purchase on or before April 3, 2013 (including Alpha Squad). This offer is not available for PlanetSide 2 accounts with Premium Memberships or that made in-game item purchases since April 3, 2013.
and
The free Camo Set is being granted to all Premium Members in good standing as of May 3, 2013, and to all accounts that receive the 30 days of free Premium Membership described above.
Not for everyone then :S
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I fit two of those criteria, so there.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Another RPS call to arms on Thursday night. Take that as a warning to avoid the massive, blundering zerg, or an invitation to see the spectacle.
Pnut
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Pnut »

Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I can still taste it.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

:lol:
Sheriff Fatman
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Sheriff Fatman »

My skull mask brings all the boys to the yard.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Anyone wanting to play any time soon, start patching early. GU09 has dropped another 2GB, with map rejigs and updates, the new lane system trial on Indar, and the Max updates which seem to be great for everyone but VS, again.

New VS MAX Ability: Zealot Overdrive

Increases movement speed while active
Speed buff does not increase with cert level
Decreases armor effectiveness while active
Increases weapon damage while active
Damage increases with cert level

New NC MAX Ability: Aegis Shield

Shield absorbs all incoming frontal damage while active
MAX is still vulnerable from the side and rear.
Shield has large health pool and fast regen rate
Health pool increases with cert level

New TR MAX Ability: Lockdown

Increases fire rate, projectile speed, and reload speed when deployed
All the above stats increase with cert level
Locks down the MAX into position and limits their turning radius until undeploying.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

I've heard mixed things about ZOE, some say it increases the damage output to a point where it outstrips the other two but this won't help against an NC MAX with its ridonculous shield - coming up against those is going to be horrible - even in a fucking tank. Quite how it copes with other units is to be seen, I hear it can be the bane of every flyers life with the ZOE burster MAX - which is good.

What is the lane system?