Wars Of Guild 2

Massively Mongy Online gaming. Bum your way through the internet public.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Re: Wars Of Guild 2

Post by Roman Totale »

:wave:
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

assuming we can get 2 more what time does everyone wanna start?

if we cant get two more do you guys fancy doing some of the open world stuff? a la jumping puzzles and such
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Mrs Pants is ill so I'm a bit behind due to having to solo all the cooking and Sprog wrangling, but I should be ready in half an hour or so. Open world stuff is fine by me. I'll give Anery a poke, and Sheriff mentioned Warring some Guilds.
Roman Totale
Robotic Bumlord
Robotic Bumlord

Post by Roman Totale »

My game is patching - seems to be taking some time
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Might be this. Revamp of dynamic levelling.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

Dog Pants wrote:Might be this. Revamp of dynamic levelling.
Guild Wars 2 dynamic levelling system adjustment "allow players to enjoy content on any map at any level."
Sounds very interesting, but isn't quite true, it ony applies to lower-level areas being more of a challenge and yeilding better loot for higher-level players. Lower-level players don't get a boost in the opposite direction in a high-level area like they did for the invasion event.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

We managed about six jumping puzzles tonight between Bits, Roman, Anery and I. With all then associated gear and achievements. We managed them only looking at the guides to find them, not to complete them. Some were a challenge just to work out where we should have been jumping, but it was all good fun. Shame we couldn't get the fifth man though.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

It would have been good to get the next story modw dungeon out of the way.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Guild Missions are being released next Tuesday, so if anyone fancies some guild missioning next weekend or some dungeons this weekend give me a shout.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

:wave:
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

I would certainly be up for some dunjins tonight. Mrs is away for the weekend, so I am free. FREE!
shot2bits
Zombie
Zombie

Post by shot2bits »

i may be able to do a dungeon tonight, i convinced the missus to buy the game too though so i may be playing a new character with her later, well see what happens when you guys are on
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

So, guild missions are a crock of shit.
In order for a guild to complete these missions they first need to be purchased/built using influence. The Cost of each mission is only 200 influence but the level of each (Politics, Art of War, Economy, etc) is ridiculous unless you have a huge guild that has been together for some time. Art of War missions (Bounty - go here kill this dude) start at level 5 of AoW and costs 30000, the rest start at level 6.
Not only is the cost prohibitive but apart from the Bounty missions the rest require you to already have Guild Merits in order to buy them. Prices are:

Art of War - Guild Bounties Unlock - 30,000 influence- Req level 5
Economy - Guild Treks Unlock - 30 Merits, 50,000 influence - Req level 6 AND Guild Bounties unlocked
Politics - Guild Rushes Unlock - 80 Merits, 50,000 influence - Req level 6 AND Guild Treks unlocked
Art of War - Guild Challenges Unlock - 150 Merits, 50,000 influence - Req level 6 AND Guild Rushes unlocked
Architecture - Guild Puzzle Unlock - 250 Merits, 50,000 influence - Req level 6 AND Guild Challenges unlocked

This may change, there is a lot of rage on the forums about this and how it effectively splits the community into those with large guilds and those without and whilst the arguments are going on they seem to be centered around two concepts:
1. Join a bigger guild - this goes down like a lead balloon, everyone knows that despite ANet letting us join multiple - other guilds just won't let you represent others
2. Buy your way to victory - Someone has done a break down of the amount of gold required to get all the way to the Puzzle unlock and the amount is staggering, I can't remember what the amount was but it was silly.

TLDR: Update's a wash out, continue as normal.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Silly Anet, that doesn't seem like a very good decision. We'll see what happens.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Late notice, does anyone fancy a run tonight?
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

I would but I have a Blood Bowl match tonight. If it doesn't happen or I can still come along when I finish then I will.
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

Does anybody fancy some fancy dungeoning this Sat? I am going to be mostly shitfaced but I see that as being an improvement on my general performance.
I THINK we could do Twilight Arbor or Citadel of Flame, everyone is levelled enough.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Yep, as always :wave:
Anery
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Anery »

So, the other day I spotted somebody in Iron Marches who was popping out of the ground, farming a resource node and popping back into the ground. Not seeing the appropriate way to deal with this and there not being a correct support ticket to raise I raised it under the bug section of the forum:

[quote=""Travelling inside/under the terrain"]
Spotted players travelling inside the terrain and “popping out” to harvest nodes in Iron Marches. Not raising the issue to point fingers, thought you might want to know that it was possible. Couldn’t find any relevant headings for a ticket.
[/quote]

I mention no names, I merely inform them that it is happening - reporting a bug.

I got this back:
ANet wrote: Moderator Note:

Please refrain from accusing other users of hacking/exploiting on the forum, as it often comes across as character assasination. We know you want to help us deal with this kind of situations, but please keep in mind that we as forum moderators do not have the tools neccesary to deal with these situations. However it is much appreciated if you report them over at: https://en.support.guildwars2.com/ providing as much information as possible e.g. screenshots and videos.

This infraction serves only a warning. Additional infractions may award Infraction Points which can negatively affect your account. Infraction points may cause loss of privileges, including forum suspension.

Your message was deleted.
The topic was moved.

This is an automated message generated by an infraction given by a human moderator. If you believe you have received this infraction in error or wish to make an appeal, please send an e-mail to forums@arena.net.

If forum moderators can do nothing about it, then why have a bug reporting sub-forum?
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

What's more, why issue a warning for reporting it? Way to be hostile to an honest customer, Anet.