E3 news.

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Joose
Turret
Turret

Re: E3 news.

Post by Joose »

Dog Pants wrote:I don't know the specifics of Ass Creed because I've never played any of them, but I thought it was a more measured argument than most. I don't necessarily agree though.
Yeah, it would be a reasonable argument if people were asking for a Mass Effect style option of having either gender in the main game, but that's not what's happening. This is a kind of drop in multiplayer: at certain points in the singleplayer campaign there are co-op missions available. When you start one of these missions you get teamed up with a number of other players and you all go stabby-fighting together. From every players perspective, they are the main character and they are being helped by other random assassins. As such, it doesn't affect plot or dialogue at all, its just the movement animations.

I think the real nail in the coffin of Ubis argument here is the fact that the lead animation guy from the first few Assassins Creed games has publicly denounced it as bollocks. He estimated it would be an additional day or twos work to do the animation, as the majority of mocap could be reused from the male models anyway. He even said that the last prototype he saw had female models as an option. So again, what the hell Ubisoft?
Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

Day 1 DLC.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Dr. kitteny berk wrote:Day 1 DLC.
This actually wouldn't surprise me at all.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Ubi wrote:If you like women so much why don't you marry one.
Chickenz
Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime

Post by Chickenz »

Watched the Xbox brief last night.

New Fable which looks like Fable.
New CoD actually made me go ooooh I may be tempted.
Forza Horizon 2 looks very pretty, hopefully its more arcade than Sim as I have 0 patience with sim games (I suck at them)
Sunset Overdrive looks batshit mad mental and whole lot of laughs.
After playing Ass creed Black Flag and loving everything about it the new one will be a day one buy.

The biggest news for me was the announcement from 343 regarding all the Halo games on 1 disc and a re worked Halo 2. That will keep me happy for months as I plow though all the games on Legendary.
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

A lot seems to be obligatory remakes of stuff for the new consoles, with slightly better lighting and stuff.

I wasn't a fan of Forza Horizons as it felt too arcadey, I favour the regular Forza, but others may get on with it: the 360 game was reportedly well-done, hopefully the new release won't be like Forza 5 which disappointed many with half the cars and tracks of its 360 predecessor, and BS called on the supposed quality over quantity as the tracks didn't look improved at all. Future DLC over quantity, more like.

I haven't seen much to get me interested in the new consoles. Fable games I play for a bit but end up getting stuck, Ass Creed games more so as the ones I've played don't let you do anything but the missions and I look forward to a new CoD game like I do an episode of The One Show.

Sunset Overdrive might be fun I guess, but it looks a bit scripted so it might only be strictly proscribed fun in designated areas, it reminds me of a cross between Brink's acrobatics and the unusual weapons found in dozens of forgotten games.

I usually wait until there are a few examples of something I can only get from a new console before considering them, and that's usually a GTA, driving game or RPG, certainly not slightly better graphics. The best games take rather a long time to make and quite often don't appear until the replacement console shows up.

Producers will be bullied into making next-gen versions of games but we'll still see series like The Witcher and Dragon Age continuing on PC, the really big franchises like the sports and shooting games will of course continue to be released on everything, I doubt there will be too many single-platform-specific titles that haven't already been announced.

The best-looking thing I've seen at E3 is the white PS4, but I'm unlikely to be getting one.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Both Xbox and Sony are making a big thing of the indie game market this year, even more so than previous years. I personally find the indie and small label games much more interesting than all the big, sequel and franchise games. So seems like a good move. Last weekend I played a game called Lifeless Planet* and thought "this would make a good console game, there's not much to it, probably relatively easy to port" (like I'd know). Then saw an Xbox trailer yesterday.

Other interesting games include:
Cuphead
No Man's Sky
Inside (from the creators of Limbo)
IDARB
Roundabout
etc.

*The trailer is a bit of a spoiler as there's really not much to the game, enjoyable though.
Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dog Pants »

Disappointing to see that they aren't planning to release No Man's Sky on PC.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Perhaps it'll be rubbish anyway.

Destiny looks like it could be good - http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/unfinis ... 2300-8971/