Frozen Endzone

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Frozen Endzone

Post by Dog Pants »

I've mentioned this a couple of times but there's no thread for it. So here's a thread for it. As the name probably implies, Frozen Endzone is a sporty take on Frozen Synapse. It uses a similar but simpler method of simultaneous-turn-based action to control a small team of robots, who face off against each other in a quick and very simple version of American Football. I've been in the beta since December, and while it retains all the simple beauty of FS I've not played it a great deal. It was a little too simple for me at the time - one play per side, swapping after a score or sack. It's nice, but after a few random games where I lost to some pretty cheap tactics (chucking the ball into my endzone then running after it) I figured I come back later.

It's not been released on Early Access, so this is my later and I'll be having another look. They're planning on introducing an in depth team management layer to the single player campaign, which will add a nice element of Speedball 2 to it. I'll report back more when I've managed a few more games, but I love FS and I love the style and imagery of FE, not to mention the concept. Even if the game doesn't manage to quite catch all that up, it's something I had to have as part of my collection.