Doctor Who

For talk on Movies, TV, Music & Books

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dr. kitteny berk
Morbo
Morbo

Post by Dr. kitteny berk »

Well, they did that different to how I expected, but some bits were pretty obvious.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

I quite liked that, and it certainly was quite a good way to end the series.

At least the cracks are now dealt with, rather than them going over many seasons like Bad Wolf did.
Baliame
Tremors Worm
Tremors Worm

Post by Baliame »

That was pleasingly Doctor Who.
Grimmie
Master of Soviet Propaganda

Post by Grimmie »

Spoiler:
It's a fez, I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool.
<b>Edit:</b><a href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/ ... ss.jpg">DO WANT DO WANT</a>
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Grimmie wrote:<b>Edit:</b><a href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/ ... ss.jpg">DO WANT DO WANT</a>
:lol:
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Re: Doctor Who

Post by buzzmong »

Thread revive!

New Dr Who mini episode:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0 ... he_Doctor/

Worth watching as it fills the gaps between some doctors.
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

Watched the science of Dr Who with Brian Cox and bits of Matt Smith too, that was nice.

Apparently there was a short on Children in Need tonight, so look out for that on the BBC YouTube soon.

Looking forward to the drama about the first series too: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01kqt9x
FatherJack
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by FatherJack »

He looks pretty convincing as Hartnell.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce7LS0kB780[/media]
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

Drama thing was good, especially the throw-forward to the doctors to come near the end. Thought it was played really well.

Loved the movie, cameos, inside jokes and all. There was one thing that bugged me, with (shock) a 4channer summed up pretty well for me.
A /tg/ poster wrote:The Tenth Doctor made that awesome speech to the master about "the Nightmare Child, the Skaro Degradations, the Horde of Travesties and the Could've Been King with his Army of Meanwhiles and Neverweres." and how it was so terrible, and all we saw was useless stormtrooper soldiers and laser beams flying through a city.

In a war with Time Travellers and hyper advance genocidal biomechanical psychopaths you'd expect the laws of physics to be destroyed in the cross fire, time travelling soldiers pulling in buildings from their pre-destroyed point in time for cover, actions being made to unmake their enemies before birth.

I wanted to see some sort of chaotic tempest of history making and unmaking itself, writing and rewriting a single moment over a dozen times. A bunch of soldiers get zapped only for his skeleton to vanish and for 3 of him from different time periods to show up to blow up the Dalek that just hit him.
spoodie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by spoodie »

Grimmie wrote:Drama thing was good, especially the throw-forward to the doctors to come near the end. Thought it was played really well.
:above:

There's been some really good BBC dramas about the people behind the TV programmes recently. I particularly liked Kenneth Williams: Fantabulosa!, Eric and Ernie & The Curse of Steptoe. So much ACTING and I'm sure they'll all be on youtube.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Grimmie wrote:Drama thing was good, especially the throw-forward to the doctors to come near the end. Thought it was played really well.

Loved the movie, cameos, inside jokes and all. There was one thing that bugged me, with (shock) a 4channer summed up pretty well for me.
A /tg/ poster wrote:The Tenth Doctor made that awesome speech to the master about "the Nightmare Child, the Skaro Degradations, the Horde of Travesties and the Could've Been King with his Army of Meanwhiles and Neverweres." and how it was so terrible, and all we saw was useless stormtrooper soldiers and laser beams flying through a city.

In a war with Time Travellers and hyper advance genocidal biomechanical psychopaths you'd expect the laws of physics to be destroyed in the cross fire, time travelling soldiers pulling in buildings from their pre-destroyed point in time for cover, actions being made to unmake their enemies before birth.

I wanted to see some sort of chaotic tempest of history making and unmaking itself, writing and rewriting a single moment over a dozen times. A bunch of soldiers get zapped only for his skeleton to vanish and for 3 of him from different time periods to show up to blow up the Dalek that just hit him.
I wouldn't be suprised if it's to do with the hardly explained Time Lock that apparently kept Galifrey and the war contained, but you're right, that would have been awesome.
buzzmong
Weighted Storage Cube
Weighted Storage Cube

Post by buzzmong »

Two years later, and
Spoiler:
the Doctor has found and is back on Gallifrey
. I am excite.
Grimmie

Post by Grimmie »

Last episode was great actually, we only twigged what was going on just before the big explanation kicked off. Moffat wrote it, naturally.

I'm finding I much prefer episodes without companions in, or even temporary companions for that matter. It allows The Doctor character to be much darker and introspective.