Re: Urgh.

Post by TezzRexx »

:lol:
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

Something else that's just occured to me: this means a Live action SW film directed by someone new. I'm now having Fever dreams about a SW film directed by Nolan. Course, it could end up directed by a nobody, but I can't see Disney spending billions to get hold of the licence and then give it to someone rubbish.
mrbobbins
Robotic Despot
Robotic Despot

Post by mrbobbins »

Joose wrote:Something else that's just occured to me: this means a Live action SW film directed by someone new. I'm now having Fever dreams about a SW film directed by Nolan. Course, it could end up directed by a nobody, but I can't see Disney spending billions to get hold of the licence and then give it to someone rubbish.
John Carter?

Not quite the same I know but still Disney doing Sci-Fi.
Although Episode one was George Lucas doing a bit of Disney.

Actually George already ruined it himself, Disney might save it, or at the very least keep it at the same level as George, it'll probably be fine.

What's my point?, I don't know, meh.
Joose
Turret
Turret

Post by Joose »

They didn't spend billions acquiring John Carter though. And I see your John Carter and raise you all the recent Marvel films: all technically Disney films now.

Like you say, they would have to go some to do worse than Lucas has been doing recently.
HereComesPete
Throbbing Cupcake
Throbbing Cupcake

Post by HereComesPete »

Discussed this over lunch and tabs. Pretty much the same conclusions as we have here. Lucas went batshit and can't write dialogue. THe new eps were rather cartoony and poor. Disney can make serious films with people like verbinski so if they let a bit of darkness in they can produce films just as good if not better than lucas.

As for John Carter, it wasn't too bad imho, just rather meh for how much they spent on it.
deject
Berk
Berk

Post by deject »

HereComesPete wrote:Discussed this over lunch and tabs. Pretty much the same conclusions as we have here. Lucas went batshit and can't write dialogue. THe new eps were rather cartoony and poor. Disney can make serious films with people like verbinski so if they let a bit of darkness in they can produce films just as good if not better than lucas.

As for John Carter, it wasn't too bad imho, just rather meh for how much they spent on it.
John Carter was just too disjointed. I did love the superfast dog creature though.