Weird Worlds

Talk on any game/console that doesn't have its own forum, including browser-based games

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dog Pants
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Weird Worlds

Post by Dog Pants »

Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space, to give it its full name, is a space exploration game with RPG elements. Sort of a space Rogue-like, if you will. You have a modular ship, a time limit, and a randomly generated galaxy to explore. The aim is to move from world to world looting in order to upgrade your ship or find items to sell, ultimately competing for a high score. I've found it to be rather entertaining. The random exploration means most games you will end up unfairly dead, but the games are short so it's no problem. On rare occasions you can find yourself with some rather nice bits of equipment and stomp your way around the galaxy, which is very satisfying. A few random events tossed in for god measure keep it fairly fresh. There's a tactical combat game for when you engage enemy ships which is simple but effective, although far more often than not it ends with me exploding. I think you can get it on PC, but it doesn't look worth the money. I got it for £3 on the iPad and apart from the interface being a bit clunky (dragging and dropping 5mm icons with your finger is frustratingly inaccurate at times) it's a great little game.

My high score, by the way, 8233 courtesy of a hyperdrive, cloaking device, and auto-repair.